1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Re: Wiper Problem

Another problem might be is with the Dust & Oil accumulated on the Glass(I see you are in Delhi). Try to clean the glass throughly by applying some glass cleaner or Shampoo, your wiper problems might dissapear. Also clean the wiper blade some dust might have been accumulated in it.
  2. singhamit

singhamit

Delhi

Thanks for quick reply, but I am facing this problem in heavy rain also, recently I was driving towards Agra and noticed that even in continuous pouring if I use windshield washer the noise goes down but as soon as soap effect is removed by rain water it comes back again. Noise is particularly more on right side wiper from driver seat and its wiper movement also becomes erratic and shaky
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Even mine is errant and shaky after some time. I've done just 400Km after 1 month so haven't really driven in heavy rainfall. The TD car had it and so did 4-5 other cars I checked out. All I want to say is that this is not a problem since it exists in every Fiat.
  4. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Take the car to the service center, ask them to replace the entire Wiper Arms under warranty, might be some manufacturing defect. I have driven in heavy rains absolutly no problems in my Linea.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Hi Amit,

If you have time on tomorrow, come for the meet. We'll meet at Elegant Cars Pvt Ltd, Patparganj at 10 PM. Then we'll drive to G-Noida Expressway.

You can check with other Linea\Punto.
  6. singhamit

singhamit

Delhi

Hi Nitin

10 PM or 10 AM
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Sorry Amit, its 10 AM. To much work buddy....

Pls confirm if you are coming.
  8. singhamit

singhamit

Delhi

Will Come and meet you guys but not sure if I will be able to join you guys till expressway, as my son exams are scheduled from Monday. But will anyway try.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

I experienced the same problem last night in my Fiat Linea. I was driving back from Chennai to Bangalore. Heavy downpour started from Kanchipuram and it continued till I reached my home at Bangalore. At the minimum and intermediate speeds, the wipers' movement was not smooth, but shaky. They were working alight at the maximum speed. In all the three speeds, the wipers wiped the windshield perfectly clean. I shall take it up when my Linea goes for the second free service next month.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, that is what I want to say that this is not a problem specific to just few cars and I don't think replacing the wipers would stop it.
    e.g. Swift has rattles and almost every car develops it. One has to live with it. There aren't too many solutions to keep it rattle free.

Similarly, these wipers will remain noisy at slow speeds in my opinion even if they are changed. I attribute it to the "aero design" of the wipers and the material used. Al least we do not need them all the time.
    :helmet

BTW, are you guys able to notice that our Faits have "Speed sensitive Intermittent front wipers"?
    I drove with the wipers at intermittent speed last time. But, could not appreciate the change in speed when I increased the speed from 40kmph to 70kmph.