1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the wipers wobble if they are sticking to the glass surface- doesnt mean that ur glass is sticky. consider it as a rubber slipper sticking and making noise on dry marble tile.

if the wiper speed and the raining rate matches then there is no wobbling.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    mescotc check if pipe got diconnected from the pipe which goes to rear washer. It is located under the hood, extreme right corner under the plastic mesh.

Try to sprinkle water on rear glass from Rear Washer and check if there is water under the car....
  3. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    noise from outside right front side

I have notice noise from outside right front side, may be from right front wheel when i do streering little towards right at the speed above 40. this noise is not always visible, when car is in motion at the speed of below 40, no noise at all, and this is not consistance, i have notice when car is fully loaded with 4 people I heard that noise as today morning I was driving alone and no noise at all, but yesterday evening with family, i do heard that noise. please share with me if anyone has face such issuethanks
  4. @ Nitin.. could you be more specific of the sound you heard?? is it some kind of thud or krrrrrrrr, anything like that?????
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    And also tell that you get that noise when you accelerate or brake or during any specific action.
  6. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    hi...i too had the same problem last month, a sort of grinding noise from my front left suspension, much audible even when the steering/wheel turned when car is stationary, got chkd by Tata guys, confirmed my strut pads are gone, had to wait for the spare, It seems now the strut pads comes with a bit modified, having a plastic cap preventing moisture ingress and also slight change in design making it more rugged,,,,, as told by the service engineer,,,,, I got it replaced, took bit of more time,as its to be compressed and seated using hydraulic press, b4 installing it to the car.......
  7. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    I have noticed this wiper problem too - The original one did well for 1.5 years then it started making the screetch sound and the wipe wasn't smooth. I changed the wipers but the problem still persists. As someone described before, it makes the sound only when used continuously and in intermittent mode. No problem in the first few wipes or when set in the fast mode irrespective of the amount of rain. I never faced this problem with the original one for the initial 1.5 years - It used to work very well in all kinds of rain - light/heavy.
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    The wipers will give problem like sticking to the glass if you continuously use local water as wiper fluid which might contain higher salt content. You could observe thin layers of salt forming in the windscreen which causes the problem. This also occurs when the wiper tries to adjust to the speed of the car as well on these kind of surfaces. To avoid use distilled or water with less salt content as wiper fluid and clean your windscreen with mild emery paper.
  9. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a continue noise u can imagine like while in motion two objects are touching each other. the noise is like skkkkassssssssshhh.....

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I am sure it is not during brake., but yes above 40KM speed it make sound whether i accelerate or not.
  10. maverick

maverick Amatore

Are you feeling any loss of power, if yes it could be due to some loose tube connecting the turbo.