1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Thanks Vijay, did you manage to fix this since your reply? How was the problem solved?

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Thanks, this is helpful. But my specific problem isn't addressed here -- the scraping noise issue on the link is due to brake pads, but mine just got changed, so I think Vijay may be on to something! Helpful link nonetheless!
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

getting my car seviced tomorrow, will get it checked and update the thread about fault if any.
  3. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

I am experiencing a light steering after changing mounts . The alignment was not done at TASS as the alignment machine was not working . Is it due to alignment or i need to check my tie rods...??
  4. Yes I too noticed that sound when around 1700 rpm mostly during the fourth gear. but the windows have to be closed and you should be very attentive, otherwise will miss.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  5. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Thanks! Do let me know what eventually solves the problem!
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

I have been getting this hissing noise when the engine is on , but the hiss disappears when I touch the brakes. It has got to do something with the vaccum generator I feel. I had told this to TASS and they tried lubricating something, but it didnt solve the problem. I have told them that I need to have it fixed on my 45 K service and asked them to contact FIAT and find out why it is happening as they may be aware of the problem. I dont want to waste a day with them trying to remove and find out what the problem is with trial and error.

7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

I got my car serviced by another FASS as I was nearing 46k kms and regular FASS was giving me a appointment of 5 Nov so didn't got the noise checked, as the new FASS doesn't do warranty works and also they are quite new so didn't wanted those guys to experiment on my car.
    Will show it to regular FASS Joshi Autozone which I believe is experienced and well equipped with mechanics and tools to diagnose it.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

I hear noise from both front and rear suspensions when a small speed braker/hump is crossed, sound is not coming when a slope type humps are crossed.

Is this a known issue ?
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  9. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

my punto epk , has a problem with rear washer not functioning , it happened all of sudden , any tips to fix it DIY , I've inspected pipe near the boot door hinge, its OK.

10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

I strongly believe that it is due to some sticky particles which are not seen through naked eye. I am having a punto & I have never experienced any such noise. I was having visibility problem during rains at night due to these sticky particles when using Wiper. What I did was I used a mild rubbing compound to clean the glass. Even clay-bar would also do the job. Now it is working perfect and the blade glides smoothly & the visibility is 100 %. The roughness can occur even if your car stood somewhere near a paint booth. The tiny paint particles do stick to your windscreen. Before going with wiper arm replacement I personally would recommend you to do a thorough cleaning. Shampoo or other kind of solutions are less likely to remove these kind of particles.