1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    there should be a blow off valve. sometimes its integrated sometimes separate unit. the boost on our mjds is around 1 pSI
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Yes, it is the same noise.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

There is no complaint other than the sound, it disappears when tachometer reading crosses 2000 mark.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Good explanation about the issue Thanks! Italia-Linea. This is what exactly happening to my car. But the sound is not audible in sridii's car.

Regards
    Gopi
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I've just come back from a 140km drive and didn't notice any such sound. :p

P.S. Fuel efficiency of the Multijet never fails to amaze. 23kmpl for the 140km trip.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Is it something to do with cabin insulation?

Does anyone with 90HP noticing this noise?

I am just curious to know when exactly turbo kicks in GP 90 HP, as it has VGT will the turbo is active since start itself?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The turbo is spinning even at idle. It is only at higher revs that it spins at high speeds and consequently produces full or close to full boost.

I reckon the VGT turbo ''wakes'' up at around 1700-1800rpm's. Post 2000, it's on full song.
  6. No noise from my car (not a 90 bhp). I would recommand you to check if there is any loose part inside the cabin..
    I also had a strange noise as you mentioned (only between a certain range of engine speed) and was very disturbed..i was getting an impression that the glass panes are vibrating...later found out that it was a CB in the glove box which was cuplrit..
    Jsut remove all the items from the glove box, and coins in any slots,...generally these are the ones which make noise...if you dont find any such thing then you can check if there are any loose pats in engine bay which could be vibrating (the rod which supports bonet, or some clamps for battery, coolant boxes..
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I will try to record the turbo whistle, if microphone can hear it. It's very mild
  8. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks gurjinder.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

This noise is definitely not because of any items in the glove box or loose parts. The noise is audible only when you press the accelerator and muted when you remove your leg from acc pedal. This happens only when the RPM is in the range of 1700 to 2000.

Thanks
    Gopi
  9. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi ,

I am hearing a whistling sound when my car crosses 100km/h . I went to TASS some days ago . They have loosen the underbody shield as it was touching the body and they did normal washing . After that i am hearing this whistling sound . Is it due to loosen shield or they have done some other mess....??
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    same thing was happand with my friends punto , and that time it was jus 2 days old above that tass took 2 days to replace it under FOC :(
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011