1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Even I have not experienced that. Let me check it tomorrow specifically.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    amit, cant understand exactly what you people are saying?
    The sound duering 1700-2000rpm (ferr...)or sound kinda something is injecting?
    That furr... I observed today but very minor. But if you are driving along a divider with height of our windows you'll hear a injecting sound when you drive in turbo activating rpm range. Like soo... Kinda injecting sound. What is that?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I've not come across any such sound in the Linea MJD.

@Italia Linea Can you describe the sound in a bit more detail?

A similar sound comes in our Palio D, but that is due to the crankshaft and normal with age.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    guruji, im also still trying get what italia said but have you notice, note of engine is pure & refined at 2000rpm whereas below that engine dosent sound that good(feels dry, at 2k rpm note is juicy.)Is is only me or others feel it too? Specialy at 1500 rpm engine sounds very cluttery kinda. What is your view?
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is a shock and a surprise to me. I just cannot believe that the mirror will come off when you try to fold it. My RHS mirror was brushed from side once by a kerala transport bus and hit several times by careless bangalore two-wheelers. Even after all the torture, it is still intact.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    there is no such sounds from the mechanicals.

its the sound that exhaust gases cause due to turbulence. its kind of frrr frrrr.. very hard to hear if you are not too keen to hear it.

when i graduated from petrol car to diesel and due to my very sharp ears ;) and critical observations i immediately noticed it right on my first drive outside the showroom.

to confirm this i drove one more linea and also a TFI members linea. same sound was there in both these cars and all the mjds i have driven till date.

to demonstrate this. go on a very silent road. close your windows and accelerate to 1700rms and leave accelerator again accelerate a bit again leave it.

you will hear a distinct frrrr frrrr sound.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Sound like these but a lot more quiet than these monsters.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    I will definitely keep an ear out now.

Turbo whistle is really quiet on the Multijet as compared to a Toyota 2L-T that we have. The turbo whistle in it is really audible and addictive, like the Scorpio etc.

If that's the case, then the sound is perfectly normal. Infact quite desirable. :p
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its not the turbo whistle nor the turbo blow off valve sound. how can a blow off valve get on at 1700 rpms :(

its just turbulence ... frrr frrr frrr sound. i can demonstrate it to anyone sitting in my car or their car :)
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Blow off valve sound will come in the cars which are equipped with one ! Unlike our economy Multijets.