1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    My Punto is having some kind of intermittent squeaking noise from front left underside after it jumped a bump at around 70kph. Gave for service and they changed link rod. But problem still exists. Eager to see what the issue in your case is.
  2. Prabu

Prabu Novizio

Bangalore
    Steering krr krr noise

All,

Early this week I had problem with the steering extra noise during idle to move only in 1st gear, once start moving no noise either I can hear or varnished.

I took the vehicle to KHT Motors, they told me tie rod to be replacement, car is driven about 26k KMS just crossed 2+yrs

Does it come under extended warranty? any idea?

Thanks
    Prabu
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Strange Noise @ 1700-2000 RPM in my GP 90

Hello

I am hearing some noise "trrr" when I am cruising at ~1700-~2000 RPM range in my 90HP GP. I was under assumption that it is an indication that turbo has kicked in. But I didn't notice that noise when I drove another 90 HP GP belonging to one of our TFI member. The engine noise also is little bit higher than his. Now I smell there is something wrong.

My GP is hardly 2.5 months old has completed 6400 KMS. I am experiencing this since very beginning itself.

Can you guys help me out in figuring this?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Krrr Krrr noise is due to Elastic Pad.
    Covered under extended warranty till 35k kms on United India Extended warranty don't know about new vendor
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i am hearing the same noise since the day i bought my linea. at 1700-2000 rmp if you press the accelerator leave it again press it the engine makes Frrr Frrr sound.

i checked couple of lineas and puntos...and all sound the same.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    well amit, i dont know about your car but pemmasg do check your car for if any leckage in turbo line is happening. if sound is too much & pretty unusual.
    any other complaint with that noise?
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no it is there in all cars. i can demonstrate that noise. its quite normal. there is no leak.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    its present in all cars as stated by Italia-Linea
    warns the driver of the power that is going to be unleashed in a short time
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    haha.. thats nice :D
  10. It was my punto 90 hp Pemmsag has mentioned as another punto. If that sound is normal why is that sound not present in my car ?