1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

I also observed a noise from back side while climbing on a humps. Very rarely occur. Then I noticed that when I push the car from back right to wards left, there is a noise. Mentioned it in my second service, but they told me to observe it for some more time and they will repair it under warranty.
  2. niranjan_81

Good news from my side. The sound coming from front left side is now gone. It's the Link rod issue which the SA said is found in all the cars. He just tightened the bolts and no "thud-thud" sound anymore. :)
    I inquired with him about the replacement of the link rod but he said that they are replacing the link rods only for the old puntos which are getting this sound from both sides. For the new cars just tightening the bolts will do.
    But now I have got the taste of "famous" Fiat Punto plastic quality. The Plastic near the C pillar has come out and the SA said it's broken and they don't have a piece in stock. They are going to get the part next week and will replace the plastic.
    Just to give you heads up my car is yet to complete 2500 KMs.
  3. jubthomson

I am also facing the same issue from the front left suspension after a long drive. My car is 1 month old and completed 2700KMs. Booked for an inspection tomorrow and lets see what the mechanic is telling...
  4. .

I had a similar problem. The issue was with a loose connecting "link rod" on front left suspension..it was solved after it was tightened..It took hardly 5 mins. It was a metal sound when i go over uneven surfaces.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  5. Sorry, if the door is blocking or being obstructed some where it may need some alignment.
    What i was referring is that when i simply push the door to close lightly it goes to near close position and stops there...I wanted to say that if the door is not locked then the door just sticks to near closed position and does not come out..the door has three locking positions..the nearest one is close to closed postion. the farthest one is almost 90 degrees. thats my observation.

And one more thing, from my experience..I once observed that my door was not locking and it found that the problem was the door rubber beading..it was misaligned as some place which was blocking it...just check if the beading has come out on some place..(it is common for indian fiats :) )
  6. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Same issue with me as well. Im at service centre and getting it fixed. I guess it is getting replaced for my car as it has covered arnd 58k km.

Will update u guys if it got fixed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2
  7. jubthomson

Ihad fixed this today. It was a 5 min job and the mechanic tightened the linkroad. No sound now.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

I had fixed this today. It was a 5 min job and the mechanic tightened the link road. No sound now.
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Im still having the sound...I got link rod changed and even the strut mounting. But still the sound is there. Given my car again to service center...lets see what they do now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2
  9. Yesterday I parked the car in an apartment complex with LHS facing the road side. So as a safety precaution went to close the LHS mirror. To my horror the assembly just broke from the base and started hanging down. The watchman too was surprised and said "pehle kabhi nahin dekha aisa". I am dead sure that there was no hit on the mirror which shows the poor quality of plastics which are used in the Linea. Now I have to change the mirror as breakage is not covered under warranty.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

gautam the mirror assembly might have taken a hit when you were away from the car earlier in the day maybe in office, market etc.