1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    hi
    i visited Tata guys, they told the STRUT Pads has wornout and requires replacement... but as usual NIL Stock with them....waiting for the same.
    Mean timeI also enquired from another Known Fiat Mechanic HARI PRASAD Motors ( Banglore fitians might know.) he was mentioning that FIAT has come out with modified suspension because of frequent similar complaints ....... Frndz any idea of such info....?.... planing to get my car checkd with HariPrasad guy.....
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I also have a similar problem and gave it to Concorde motors for correcting. I got my car back in the same state... Did not get a chance to go back to them. Now i have an appointment with VST next week. Hope to get that corrected next week.
  3. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    From yday I can hear some "thud-thud" sound from the front left side. The noise increases if I go over a pot hole or bad road. Checked with my SA and he has asked me to check the glove box once and if the sound does not go then I need to take it to the showroom/Service station. The noise is like if you keep a small object in the wooden box and the sound it will make if you shake it.
    I have not observed absolutely any difference in the performance of the vehicle. Mine is a brand new car with hardly 2500 KM's done. Will update the thread after checking the glove box today.
  4. Please contact your Service Centre. It may due to loose Link rod.

Same was also with my Punto after one week from purchase date.
  5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

vibration inside the cabin- Suspension issue?? please help!!

Dear memebers,

For the past 1 month i am experianceing so much vibration in the cabin while running at medium speeds through rough roads. Its like front wheels are jumping. At higher speeds this seems to get reduced to a good extend. Mostly the vibration seems to originate from the left front wheel. I thought the issue may be with typre pressure, checked and kept it a 30 psi. No problem there.checked the alignment and wheel balancing.no issues there as well.Replaced the brake pads two days back but still the problem persist. Informed this to the service advisor during second service after service he said the issue is resolved, but when i drove the car the issue is very much present.

My doubts:

1. 2 months back i hit a big poth hole at a decent speed. can this be the issue?
    2. Changed to alloys (14 inch, 98 PCD with Hub rings). No high speed vibration and all. can this be the issue? do i need to reduce the typre pressure to 28 psi?

Please advice me on what can be done.

R,
    Vishnu
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Were the alloys fitted after the car went through that pothole?

Since most of the checks have already been done, get the suspension on the left side checked. It's a possibility that the impact could've resulted in some damage. Checking the strut, steering end, the suspension arm etc.

Might help in the diagnosis.
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Thanks Gurjinder ji!

Yes the alloys were fitted after the incident.
    Will take the car to service centre on monday for another round of check up. Hope they can come up with a solution.

R,
    Vishnu
  8. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    I was told by mechanic near by house to get it pressure washed so that the mud some small stones due to mud will go & sound may go.
    Deepak
  9. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    An update:

Got both front shocker mounts changed and noise has gone . Fiat is changing the part under warranty for many cars as shocker mounts are coming in bulk to dealers . Anyone facing the same problem should get it replaced asap.
  10. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Ok guys,

My punto had the same noise problems and this was caused due to the strut pads. I went to meet the SA for the issue and he said that this was due to the worn out strut pads.

FIAT has redesigned the strut pads and they are available free of cost for replacement under warranty. I also changed the CSC of my car as I had not changed it even once till date. Now the clutch feels really awesome.

Get the strut pads changed and this noise will cease. Hope this helps. These pads are in stock with few service stations like Galaxy motors in Mulund, Balaji motors in Thane, Tata body shop in worli.