1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

No rattling after 2nd servicing also. :dancing

Guys who have any rattling issue, please bug to TASC, keep shouting till they solve. This is the way they will learn. I am sure then only they will report to Fiat that they can't hadle so many rattlings :rage :punch
  2. shooter

shooter

Mumbai

Hi Naranayan

1> This should work if I m understanding your problem correctly, just make sure you cover the whole bolt with the cloth so theres no room for the Back Seat metal to hit the bolt.

2> I think the noise is coming because the Plastic / trim (inside the cabin) on the Boot door is hitting the door metal when driving on the uneven surface. This might be because the Plastic / trim has turned loose and it needs to be tightened.

3> The sound is coming from there because there are AC pipes in that region behind the dashboard & they keep hitting themselves or the dashboard creating the noise. Ask the TASC to fix it / tighten it.
  3. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Point No.1
    Check the Rear Seat Bolt's, my Linea had the same problem, during the first service it was attended & rectified.

Point No.2
    Check for the spare tyre if it is loose.

Point No.3
    On which side of the Front the minor noise is coming,front left, middle or right confirm. Might be the bonet lever (which holds the bonnet when open) is not placed in its place, check.
  4. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

Hi naren64, I hear the hissing sound from the front left side when im at the driver seat, and i feel like it comes from the center when im at the passenger seat.
  5. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Narayan,

Switch of the AC, car MP3 player & try to pin point where the sound is coming from, try this on a highway where there would be less traffic.
  6. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon

I'm facing a similar problem in my punto, whenever i accelerate i hear a metal grinding sound from the dashboard, and it keeps on increasing as the rpm increases. Asked the service center guys to fix it, told em it could be the ac pipes striking, but they were still unable to rectify it. Anyone knows any other solution?
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Infernal,

This certainly is the AC pipe thing.

Vroom
  8. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Update:

Went to a service center today with the following problems:

1. A/C noise from the dashboard: They tried their level best, but found that the whole dashboard has to be opened. Since the next 2 days are closed, I left it at that. They need 2 days to resolve this. NOT RESOLVED.
    2. Boot noise: There was a thud noise and the SA told me they have resolved it. When I test drove the car, it was not resolved. a clip has broken and that's the culprit. As usual with a Fiat car, spare not available :lol: NOT RESOLVED
    3. Seat Squeaking: Well they informed me that this was done. When we went for a test drive, was not done. The seat certainly needs replacement and has to come from Fiat. And most of you will agree, Fiat is not lightning fast in getting this. SO, AS OF NOW, NOT RESOLVED.
    4. Drive window rattling: They said its corrected, but certainly was not done. I understand them, they were really sincere. But how much can you massage, when I guess the plastic quality sucks?? NOT RESOLVED.

I pity the guys at the Service Center. They are so sincere, trying to resolve this foregoing lunch, but somewhere there I blame Fiat's interior quality/spares for this. It feels like I am sitting in a circus when I drive the car these days.

Spent 4 full hours around the area, and came back with nothing resolved. What else can a Fiat owner do, except take it in his stride and get up early morning and pray a little extra to GOD to have mercy on us poor mortals and for miracles to happen ::V

Cheers,
    Naveen
  9. singhamit

singhamit

Delhi
    Wiper Problem

Hi Friends,

I am having a continuous problem with the wipers of my car, they create noise when used in rain, fiat service centers in Noida and Patparganj have replaced the wipers in warranty but still the wipers are not working properly. When I used the wiper washer the noise goes down but it again come back within few seconds of wiper usage. This problem is really irritating, can someone suggest me if they have faced the same problem.

Thanks

Amit Singh
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Wiper Problem

Hi Amit. It is not a problem. The noise you hear is standard on all Fiats. I've personally experienced it on every Punto/Linea I've seen till date at dealership.
    This noise appears when you run wipers at intermittent position and there is very little rain. This noise is due to wipers rubbing on relatively dry windshield glass.

As moticed by you, the noise decreases for some time after using windscreen washer. This is because when you use windshield washer, now there is sufficient water on the windshield and the noise reduces.