1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    on the contrary I have seen some puntos doors close effortlessly.
  2. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Punto Steering column noise

Hi , I am getting a tick-tick sound from my steering column on bad roads . Dont know whether its the same steering rattle issue of i10/i20 . The noise was rare before but now its quite frequent . No change in steering feel , etc . Can this be cured....
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    if a door requires more effort then it is in no way a safety measure that is poor alignment of door locks that reflects poor assembling and quality check. if banging doors would be a safety measure then the costly cars which just need a gentle push would be considered unsafe. it shows the precision of mechanism.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it must be from the tie rod, get it tightened from the service centre... its just a 5 minutes job. many of us had this prob...Usually for all vehicles, first service comes after a month and they tighten all the parts at that time, but for us its after 6 months only ! when was the car bought? how much has it run ?
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  5. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Yes. I hear that doors when they are fitted on need to be checked whether everything aligns well and the QC is poor at that end.
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    The car has run 24k kms and it is around 13 months old . No noise on turning the steering , its just on bad roads . Its as if something is loose inside the steering column .
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ohh... then it must be something else, may be strut mounting needs to be replaced. check with the service centre...you ll get it done in warranty.
  8. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well i got the car checked at TASS today . One dealer was saying its strut mount and the other is saying its link rod . Anyways both do not have the respective parts . Its a kind of knocking noise on bumps and AFAIK its drop links problem . Its more of a KAT -KAT sound from front right . Any suggestion guys..??
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It's might be due to link rod.
    When there is any problem with strut mounts the noise is like two metal grinding dry without any lubrication.
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well yaa i also tends to agree with the sound due to link road . The service advisor told me that if it would have been strut mounts then there would have been a sound by turning the steering also but no such noise is present on turning the steering . My car alignment is also slightly out . Could it be due to link rod..??