1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. That suspension bushes might be the cause?
    Is it sqeaking sort of sound or like metalvhittting metal sort of sound(gud gud gud)?
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Can you clearly define the noise.... I mean ...when ...what kind of noise....
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Hi ranconteur - please check the seat clamp if it is fit correctly. The 2/3 split folding seats in emotion pk, sometimes has this issue. It could be that the seats arent locked properly on the clamp and the seat belts for the middle passnger gets clogged in between....
  4. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    I had similar issue after a long drive though one small bad patch. two things fixed that
    1. Did a check for Wheel balancing. That fixed the front squeaks --> Damage 350 Bucks
    2. Rear squeaks still persisted over bumps. checked in the final free servicing --> Under warrnty got the shock absorbers and struts replaced.

Now its silken smooth... :)
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

front co passenger seat issues

hello all,

My car went through the 1st service of 5000 KMs 2 months ago (Galaxy motors mulund mumbai). one of the issue i had reported at service station then was that the front co-passenger seat was making squeaking sounds whenever it was occupied by someone. the service station returned the car after 1 day and the issue did look to be resolved only to reoccur in 2 days time. post this i have taken my car twice to the service station with the same complaint. all they did was keep the car for 2-3 days each time and returned back the car stating that they have done oiling and the issue looks like it is resolved for 2 days and reproduces back.

The next time i went to the same service station and was appointed a new service representative. I gave him a piece of my mind and insisted that i need the car in an hours time. He informed me that he has taken pictures of the seat and would be passing this on to FIAT pune as this is the process of obtaining warranty. Now this was 2 weeks ago and i have been calling up the service station every alternate day only to get an answer that FIAT has still not responded back.

The reason i am posting this issue here is to check if any one else has faced the same issue and if yes what was the solution for the same.
    does it take so much time (2 weeks) for FIAT to respond back ?

I am also looking for suggestions and advise as to how i should proceed further from here. Will it help if i try contacting some one at FIAT directly?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Shadowfax 1st confirm that if service center reported this issue to FIAT or not. If they reported this issue they must have a reference no/ticker no for the same. Take that reference no from them and write a mail to FIAT officials. I think this will work faster than the service center guys procedure. Also mention that your car was in service center for more than 2-3times and issue was not resolved.
  7. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi
    Actual speaking, I dont know how to define it,,,,not exactly squeeking but a sort of,,,,,hmmm.....something similar to noise u hear from leafspring suspensions (trucks)...anyhow planning to get it chkd, got an appointmnt nxt week,,hpe TATA guys troubleshoot the problem.......
  8. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    hiii....i am also experiencing the same noise . I got my brake pads changed at 15k and now odo is at 23.5k . I got the brake pads checked and the mechanic told me that some metallic portion of brake pads has started showing which is the cause for noise but brake pads according to him will last for about another 7-8k kms. Did you experience the same or it was just dirt that was making a noise in your case.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    In rainy season,dirt and grit are the culprit for the sound and lil bit ineffectiveness in braking.Cleaning both pads and rotors help a lot.Hissing sound come always when both pads and rotors are cold.I used to face this problem,but after replacing both under warranty the sound has bcum less bit still persists :-D
  10. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    Low Scraping Noise Coming from Brakes (?)

Hi Everyone,

I recently changed my disc and brake pads but I can now hear a very low scraping noise coming from somewhere below the car when I am driving on a free road. It isn't engine noise because the noise remains if I put the engine on neutral. If I put my feet on the brake lightly, the sound disappears. And comes back again when I remove my feet from the brakes and accelerate. What could be the reason?

I told the ABS Motors (Gurgaon) guys about this but they fixed something unrelated and the sound still remains. I can't take it back to them unless I can correctly diagnose what the problem is.

Thank you,
    Raven