1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    I went to KHT myself. How many kms did you run before you had to replace your mounts?
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    somewhere near 15k
  3. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    Hmm...

Do you think that is low? Though we've to give some consideration to the <sarcasm>fantastic</sarcasm> roads in Bangalore!
  4. deepakmittal

deepakmittal

Noida
    Hi..I own a 1.3 MJ EP , around 2 years old and 20k done. I get a chu-chu kind of sound from left rear part of car (not sure about inside or outside) when there is any breaker or bad patch on road.Anybody have an idea about this? what all needs to be checked before i take my car to 3rd service.

--Deepak
  5. 1. Noise from the left front door and I go on a bump or bad road. The Perfume Spray was rolling inside the door pocket. Put in to the Rear door pocket, the noise was gone.
    2. Tik Tik sound somewhere near the handbrake. It was my ID Card.
    3. Short circuit kinda sound from the steering column. No solution. TASS should do it.
    4. Wind noise inside the cabin in high speeds. Really irritating.
    5. Rattle from somewhere I couldn't find it only when i go on a rough road like the cement roads.

Other than that No noise except for the Engine Music.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hissing/whistling sound while braking

I am hearing a hissing/whistling sound while braking. I feel it is coming from the rear, but not very sure. It is there irrespective of whether I drive slow or fast.

The sound comes only after covering some distance after starting the car. Dont know if this because the disks/pads are cold and the sound comes when they are warm. I havent heard this sound in the two years of driving my Punto. The sound started coming recently.

Anything wrong or what could be wrong. Anyone else faced similar issue?
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    well as per my knowledge if car had rest for long time i.e. Cold start in the morning may show shuch problem as break discs are cold, wet(in my case watchman cleaned up car makeing my discs wet so some time noise comes.)noise is acceptable. But as you said this voice in your car comes after certain kms of driving which i never herd. Still try to clean up your discs,drums. It may help you.
    Are you sure that sound is from rear only or is it hard to locate?
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That's what I think.
    And my car has been used regularly, doing at least 20 kms daily. The noise is there only when I apply brake but not continued until the car comes to complete halt.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @fiatlover : get your brake pads cleaned ...and it will be ok..... Have you driven your car through a waterlogged road recently?
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

When did you replace the rear break pads? May be they are wearing out - get them checked and if they have life left, get them cleaned.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011