1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    It's becuase the belt or a portion of the belt is wet because of the rain water falling on it. Rev it for a second or two, it will disappear. Nothing to worry. It makes sense to keep the wiper baldes raised when parked in the rains for long time.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Joseph

Joseph Novizio

Hi guys

In my punto 1.3MJD there seems to be a sort of squeaking sound at times from under the steering wheel. Has anybody faced such problems. Is it something serious?

3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Buddy are you sure about this ? A mechanic known to me told me that it will reduce the spring's temper. I personally feels that what he said makes sense. When you keep the wiper blades raised, you can see that the spring too is being stretched. So keeping it stretched for a prolonged time could decrease the spring's compression /temper . Well this is purely my opinion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

At the end of the day, a wiper blade does not costs much. I do not see any great gains by keeping the wiper baldes raised when parked under sun. There is always a chance that a sudden gush of wind can pull the blade down and it is possible in a freak accident that the wiper may fall down and crack windshield - though chances of happening this is extremely rare.

I prefer replacing my wiper blades than doing this.
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

hi guys,

My punto front windscreen wipers started juddering today and are also leaving white marks on windscreen for about 5-10 seconds . Are wiper blades gone bad or their is some other problem...??
    I enquired about wiper blades from the dealer , he is quoting 400 for each . Not sure whether it is the right amount
  6. rainy

rainy Amatore

Hello Guys,

I tried searching for similar issues as mine on the forum and since I didn't find it, I'm posting it here.

Every time I take a U-turn, there is a sound, kind of similar to wind moaning through closed doors in the horror movies of yore. This is even at low speeds (~5-10km/hr). Of late, there is a sound like something is knocking whenever I turn the steering wheel. Has anyone faced this problem? I'm going to the service centre to have that looked at today.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

^^^Time to get Strut mounts checked.
  8. rainy

rainy Amatore

Yes sir! That is what I was told. However, I was told that I'll have to have both replaced. Predictably, they were out of stock. What was surprising was a statement that one of the service advisors made. He said that the right-side struts mount assembly (might have the terminology wrong) was "fast-moving". Does that mean that there is an issue with this piece of the machine? Has anyone else faced this? I've done ~24k in a year-and-a-half, mostly in-city (which are mostly work-in-progress roads :)), GC-like highways with some ghats.

The second point is, why are we moving back to the days of yore, when Fiat service centres routinely lacked parts?
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Every time I shift into the reverse gear, I hear a low krrr sound as the gear shifts into place. This happens only with the reverse gear, not the first (or any other) gear. I always shift slowly after carefully pressing the clutch to the max keeping the car stationary with no accelerator input, hoping to avoid the sound. Now, I am worried about my gearbox.
    Any idea what is the issue? There are no other problems with the clutch or gearshift.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  10. shams

shams Esperto

I had got both the front strut mounts changed in kht motors some 6 months back. They had it readily available. which SC did you go to?