1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. maheswaran

Re: My problem do any any of you guys can help me ? To who i have to approach .
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    if ur car is under warranty then they have to replace it free of cost , i just gave my car yst to replace same also they have rubber cap on stud mounting now, its my 3rd time that they were changing it under warranty
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. yesterday onwards i am facing this problem and the SE said that strut mounts were faulty and had to be replaced.
  4. maheswaran

Hello sir, Where should i complaint regarding this?

1. Called Fiat 1800 209 5556 they said you have to contact only service dealer

2. Fiat Grievance box shows error to lodge a complaint.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was not feeling well. After meet of Malshej I was suffering from viral fever.

Possible Causes are

1) Bent or out-of-round rim

2) Excessive inconsistencies in tire construction (Radial Force Variation, RFV-more about this later)
    Improper tire

3) Worn suspension parts

4) Worn bearings in wheel hub

5) Improperly adjusted wheel hub

6) Component characteristics (includes improper adjustment of suspension components)

7) Brake component irregularities
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  6. Agree with Shams.

My car has completed 24000 kms in Odo. What I observed is when car is doing above 2500 RPM in 4th or 5th gear, there is airborne engine and road noise plus resonance that is carried in to the cabin.
    This airborne noise comes via A pillars, front wheel arch, and when pushed beyond 3000 RPM noise finds its way to cabin from where the wiper motor is situated.
    To just to identify this I had put some piece of foam inside the engine bay near to A Pillar and noise is cut down by 70%.
    But I am looking for automotive foam or try to do some damping using commercially available stuff.

My car’s model is March 2010, has this issue been addressed in later models?

Is it since these damping pads are little heavy fiat avoided it to cut down weight of the car?
    How about only damping using Dynamt or something like that below the black plastic stuff ,where wiper motor is housed? i mean entire stretch.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Hey Sat-Chit-ananda, you missed my initial posts it seems. i am comparing the noise in my punto with any other stock punto. my car has undergone a major repair after which i feel the cabin noise has increased little bit..
  8. I read it Shams,I was just adding the genaral NVH observed in FGT punto.
    airborne noise is still there in most of the punto's and noise from firewall side is there in few of the punto.
  9. srikanth_mandadi

Driver and Passenger Seat belt issue

I booked fiat punto.
    I went to PDI to look at my car, found few issues like side beading at glass is broken and major problem is driver and passenger seat belt plastic is broken - is it common in all puntos?

Should i go for this car or should ask him the other one?

SA told me that its common on all puntos and told me to check in any vehicle,even i check the display vehcile which is having same problem.

Is this common in Punto, does new vehicle comes with such knows issues?

Please reply!!
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011