1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Appu_123

I too agree with your opinion. I waisted over a week in fixing this problem created by them. Let me share one incident here one day morning I got a call from their service manager saying a senior technician is comming from bangalore to fix this issue and they asked to come to their garage. To my surprise during introduction I found him as manager customer support. I lost my confidence nothing worked out at the end of the day they asked me to leave the vehicle and go.

Interesting thing is my complain was that of vibration at high speed (>130kmph)right! we all decided to go for trial.After finding the vibration during trail they(service manager and the new manager from bangalore) they decided to check that in new vehicle because according to them this could be normal in punto vehicles. is'nt that shocking what they are expecting how could new vehicle have this ? Is'nt it insane?

Anyway I agreed to go for trail and that vehicle proved to be rock steady at speeds upto 160kmph. if accidently this vehicle had showed vibrations then they would have concluded as normal and sent me back.

where ever I go I find the engineers are lacking knowledge about new fiat vehicle. with two dealers I found they still use analog pressure guage one concord ambatture chennai and manikbag hubli. In fact during trial they drove my car to another fuel station to get this checked digitally. Dont you think there something fundamentally incorrect. I really hope fiat will improve its after sales service network in future.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If this is problem is related to wheels,the name of problem is "Wheel Shimy".
    In wheel shimy wheels vibrates at specfic speed.
    I will update the causes of wheel shimy.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. bhai update fast. dont keep us waiting
  4. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

I am really annoyed from the sound coming from rear....even when going @10kmpl over small humps or holes....i.e in every situation when car is tilted on either of sides.

I was suspecting Suspension, Seats etc.. just to clear the doubts one by one.. i drove with rear seat down.. sound was still there.. they i just remembered diggi problem in my santro couple of yrs back.. then i drove over every hole/hump with boot lock open... and there was no sound at all. :)

now i dont know how to fix it.. anybody faced same issue ? is rubber beading faulty ? what can be the issue here ?
  5. keshav

Remove the Warning Triangle from the boot and check if it still happens. I had faced similar issue and was thinking if something was wrong with the suspension. It turned out that plastic warning triangle was the culprit:)

Where do you guys keep the plastic triangle ?. I have hidden it below the boot mat and still makes irritating sound on bad roads :(
  6. maheswaran

Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

Hi Guys,

On my fiat linea emotion Am facing noise problem while turning left or right , When I left my car to TAFE coimbatore, they said "Stud mount bush " need to be replaced , Which was paid and not covered under warranty costs around 8000 INR including labour charges.

I need to know weather the part was covered under warranty or not .

TAFE service was really bad , Every time am facing issue with them ,

My car runs 48000 KM .

Tahnks in advance
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

I think you are talking about Elastic Pad [Shock Absorber Mounting]

It is covered under warranty, would get it replaced on coming Tuesday in my car at 41,000 km. Now the design have been changed to prolong it's life.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes its covered under warranty, I have got it replaced last week.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i know i have bad elastic pads but the sc is not ready to accept it. i am so frustrated. they just find everything ok.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ maheswaran

One more example of looting by TATA ASS.