1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

I have done sun filming, seat cover (they removed the assembly and fitted), steering cover (they again removed and fitted back), but no issues so far.
    Only rattling issue i had from beginning, some strange sound was coming from back. They fixed it properly in TASS.

No pending issues. I have given for 2nd servicing, getting back tomorrow, hope nothing comes now.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

No squeaks. No rattles. No niggles. No sun film. No seat cover. No reverse parking sensors in my Linea.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Sun Films: Yes
    Seats :Yes
    ICE change: No
    Reverse Sensor: No
    Squeaks: No
    Rattles: No
    Niggles: No

I feel, in its "born" condition, the car is free of any squeaks and rattles. After market fitters, who can be clumsy most of times, can cause these demons to appear. Thinking of upgrading the speakers though. Hope Linea stays as it is in the last three "No" departments.
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Ditto. except mine is Punto :clapping
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

These are the issues that I have been facing in my Punto MJD emotion pk. I have cloced 10k so far, and have not done my second service. Mine is a Feb 2010 model

1. The rear split seat rattles when I go over uneven roads at slow speeds. I feel there is some issue withthe seat locks, i have complained this to Concorde Chennai twice but they say it is fixed, when asked again, i get a response this is what it is and you cannot avoid that sound.
    2. There is some strange noise from the rear (kind of tak tak.... ), only when i go over pathholes, or the road joints with bigger gaps (the joints on roads which you find on concrete roads or culverts) . I have not been able to judge if this is from the suspension or from elsewhere
    3. The other noise is like a minor noise from somewhere in the front... its like something is rubbing, a kind of hissy noise that comes even when i go on an even good road. (highway). I tried explaining it to the Concorde guys, but no improvement. they said they had done somthing, but absolutely no change in the scenario.

Can someone please suggest any thoughts on these issues?
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

Just adding.. i did add window films in Concorde itself though it was a little costlier.
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Narayan, for point 3., I think this is the same issue that I am facing. It is the AC pipes rubbing. If this noise is coming from the dashboard, then it surely is this problem.

Vroom
  8. shooter

shooter

Mumbai

Hi Narayan

1> The culprit might be the Seat locks. Even I was facing the same problem it used to rattle everytime the car went over any uneven roads. Found that the lock is not working, it became loose and seat back metal used to hit the lock bolt. I covered the bolt with a small cloth and locked it again with force.It worked for me.

2> The noise might be coming from the trim on the Boot door. Specifically from the area just above the Boot Lock. You will have to ask TASC to open the trim and fix it properly

3> This might be AC pipe rubbing each other / the dashboard. They are located near the front passenger side area.

Hope this helps.
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

Hi Shooter, thanks for your thoughts and quick response.

1. I have not tried the cloth locking mechanism, will try that.
    2. im sorry, but i still did not exactly get the spot. Are you saying it could probably be the boot lock or a part on the boot lid. (apologies for my ignorance of some technical terms here).
    3. Yes, i feel this Im hearing this from the front passenger side and probably behind the dashboard. Is it because, something is gotten lose or is on its way to loosening itself? Is there a solution to this?

Thanks
    Narayan
  10. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

For point 3., take it to TASC. They will tighten up the AC pipe and it should be fine. Even I am facing the same issue.

Vroom