1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

The left rear door of my punto is rattling badly. I tried to spot threads on TFI to see if anyone else is having the same issue. Could not find it.

I had left my vehicle is TASS and told the SA to check the issue. He told it is fixed but it is not.

Anyone else here facing the same issue?
  2. sandip

sandip Timido

sid_10000, are you facing issue with closing of fuel cap or fuel lid. I am facing problems with my tjet's fuel lid. It can't be closed from outside. Only way to close it is to keep the inside lever pulled up and shutting the fuel lid from outside.........
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Thats a tedious process. Anyways I have gone to an tata-fiat ASS and booked a service for tomorrow. Looks like from the initial checkup by them that the symptoms point at the gas leakage for AC.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Damping the door pads might resolve the issue :) . Did you upgrade your speakers?
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

No I have not changed the speakers yet. It was all fine till i went for the first long drive to kerala - thrissur.

After i returned i noticed the rattling. Anyway i am taking the vehicle to TASS this weekend. Hoping to get this fixed.
  6. arun687

Got the car back today evening. It was a problem with the cable of gear lever, fixed it FOC under warranty. Now gears shift like butter. :dancing :car
  7. Appu_123

power steering problem

Hi All,

I am owner of Fiat GP MJD 1.3 since sep last year. From day one I am experiencing vibration problem. I took it from concord motors ambattur chennai. They found one tyre that was causing problem and made it spare but they did'nt replace the tyre it is J k tornado tubless. the problem was gone.

However I completed 15k and gave it for second service where they did tyer rotation and now problem has resurfaced and they are not able to get the correct alignment and balancing done. Its been third day and the car is still in garage.

the current issues are:
    1.On rough roads at speeds of 20 the steering wheel wiggles R-L and L-R or rotates and is hard to control irrespective of how hard I hold it.

Even at moderate speeds of 80-90kmph whenever the left tyers hit a patch the steering wheel rotates no matter how hard I hold it rotates . this is making my drive at higher speed scary as I cannot control the vehilcel direction.

2. Secondly I have vibration at higher speed 130 kmph as stated above this problem is there since delivery. It seems to be either a bad rim or tyre defects. This goes away when we tried with new car wheels( new rim and new tyre).

however the first one seems to be scary also along with it there is shake in steering wheel I feel like the entire steering column moves but the dealer is denying any of these and says its normal:( (maikbag motors pvt ltd hubli). When I take over a paved road the steering wheel rotates and is hard to control which hands even if I hold it tight.

Any ideas how we can arrest this, what could be potential problem is it steering rack failure, dislodge bushes ?? Any inputs will be helpfull to rectify.

Thanks in advance.

8. bent rims seem to be the culprit.
  9. Appu_123

but how do I confirm this and check this is there any equipment or visual inspection is only the way or any third party where I can get this confirmed
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

@Appu 123
    Try changing one tyre+rim at a time and do this for all wheels. You would find the culprit tyre or rim.

Remove your car from Manikbag Automobiles, Hubli if you can trust me they are total idiots.
    While on my trip from Chandigarh-Chennai I stopped there to get my alignment fixed, and the fellow's over there were like sir this is not a alignment issue your tyres are faulty replace them that is the reason why the vehicle is going to left.
    They took 15 mins to replace wiper blades which is a 5 min job, the poor guy was not able to put back new blades in the arm and also mis-adjusted my wiper nozzles which were totally fine.
    Took the car out from their garage, got alignment and balancing done in Goodyear shop and that fixed all problems.