1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. RAJ

RAJ Timido

COIMBATORE
    Link rod sound

I too had the problem with my punto 90 hp took it to a local mechanic and got the link rod bolt tightened and the sound has vanished.

I think that the tools used to tighten are not locking the nut properly fiat has to address this problem
  2. pranay sharma

pranay sharma

PUNE
    whoming sound coming from vehicle bottom side

hi friends

wile driving my MJD ,i observed that during the rollling of vehicle (when acc pad is free and vehice is moving because of inertia) some whoming sound (when train passes the heighted bridge) is coming from under the vehicle.

I am not able to ubder stand why this type of siund is coming,

earlier i never experienced this type of sound.

it is coming after 6k kms.

pranay
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Issue with AC - TJEt

Hi,

Since last few days I have noticed issues with my car's AC. On the front console only one of the 4 AC vents blow cold air, rest 3 are blowing out hot air even if the temperature is set at LO (16degrees).

Full auto mode is always at full fan settings as the temperature of the cabin never reduces below the outside temperatures. What should I get checked when I visit the showroom? :confused:

Regards,
    Sid
  4. arun687

arun687

Mumbai
    Stiff gear lever

Hey guys,

My Punto 1.2 6k on the Odo has developed a small issue. The gear shifting lever was stiff since the last 1 week or so. Especially difficult while engaging reverse and sometimes 5th gear, at times I had to use 2 hands to shift to reverse. :(

Today it was totally unusable. Only 3rd gear and neutral was engaging nothing else. So obviously couldn't take it out of parking lot as reverse is needed for that. Called up Fiat RSA and promptly they sent a flat bed within 1 hr and now they just took it away to drop it at Fortune Nerul, which is 15 kms away. ;)

I don't think it's the issue with CSC as it was replaced with CSC steel in the second service in May. Even the left right movement that we have in neutral was very stiff in the last few days and seemed like it lost the spring action of coming to the center automatically, so something to do with the gear lever or gear box maybe? :?

Today it's a holiday so tomorrow will get to know what's the problem. Hope it's a minor issue and will be fixed soon. :sad1

Anyone else had similar problem before? :anyone
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its the adjustment of the shifter dog or the clutch not engaging properly. dont worry, doesnt seem to be a major problem

nice to hear the RSA experience of yours.
  6. arun687

arun687

Mumbai
    Thanks mate! :) Will update tomorrow what they say. Yes, I'm pleased with the swift response from Fiat RSA. :up
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sid,
    Does it happen always or sometime say after an hour use? However looks like there is a problem with the controller. Please ask the SC to get it checked properly preferably by FIAT technician ( Denso Guys).

There are flaps which should close and open as per the temperature inside the cabin. Looks like the same is not happening and allowing hot air also to enter the cabin.

Kiran
  8. any leak in the piping??
    I any signs of rats in the engine bay?

Or kirenh might be right. Ask them to get it checked by those specific ac guys only..
    Or else they will mess with the car.
    Please do update the status.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    one more Tjet with AC problem. damn it. when is fiat going to get this AC stuff right. it has become a rocket science for them
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    No signs of leaks, no rat menance in this area.
    I think I will have to take it to Pundit auto. A lot of minor niggles have cropped u too... :(

front passenger seat's recliner is stuck, one of the door rattles and closed with a metallic clank, one of the lights behind "+" button on dash is gone, fuel cap not closing properly... :(

I think it needs it's 2nd servicing sooner... :)