1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Gave the car to Concorde Motors last friday.
    Got the car back on saturday after rectifying the annoying squeak. They had lubricated the shock springs and adjusted the struts.

The creak/squeak re-appeared again on sunday :confused:

I am confused again.

Called up Tass guys. They now say they shocks are to be replaced. Why dint they do this last week ??
  2. KarthikMC

Whenever ppl(heavy ppl) get down from my car, it makes a lot of sound from the rear seats like the suspension is rusted(krrr krrrrr krrr). Do any of u face it? The service guys say it comes if handbrake is used. But, u can hear it even without handbrake.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Yesterday i gave my car for washing to a local mechanic. To make sure that the sound is due to the shocker pad i asked him to drive the car and find out the problem. He drove and initially he also felt that the sound is from the shocker pad. Also he said that he feels that something hanging is striking a metal. He told that he will check it another time later. After washing the car he parked the vehicle in the garage and handed over the keys in my house. But today when i went to pay him he said that he had solved the problem. :clapping. He said that the bolt which fixes the link rod was loose and he tightened it and the sound vanished. I don't know how to react when i think about the TASS guy except :uh. I drove the car to the office and i felt that the car is again as new as it was when i took the delivery.

Got relief and i didn't stop smiling till i parked my car in the parking in my office :dance.
    gpunto75 and clash81 like this.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Yesterday I got the Clutch slave cylinder changed to the new steel one under extended warranty from bharti Auto , Mumbai as my clutch was erratic (sometimes hard and soft) after running 53000 Kms in 2 years, 5 months.I got the transmission oil also changed.I could feel the change after the change the clutch has become soft, Gears soft and better pick up.strangely the hardness in the steering is also gone.may be the defective clutch was effecting the engine RPM.The change was pending since last 3-4 months as part was not available with Bharti and other dealers were acting smart to change it under extended warranty.Will get the clutch oil also changed as the Fiat recommended was not available.
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

hi , i am getting a rattle in punto from right side of rear seat . I took it to TASS and within seconds the sound disappeared , i asked the mechanic what he did and he said the seat lever was loose . But now the rattle has surfaced again and i am not able to make out how to stop the rattle. Does anyone have any info about it....??
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

^^Ranconteur, Try driving with back seats bent down. If still rattles heard seat lever is not the culprit.
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

^^Ranconteur, Try driving with back seats bent down. If still rattles heard seat lever is not the culprit.
  8. PuntoRoman

Simply Superb. Hope mine will also get solved the same way Sathish:)
  9. Chethan

Even i had this problem a month ago and the issue was with the LINK ROD. Sound was from the RHS FW. This happened right after my long drive from Blr-talkad-mysore-blr and the reading was only 1000Kms... Link Rod had got loosened and same was identified and fixed in less than 5 mins @ Aadya Service station.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am also getting this type of noise from last 10 days.
    But noise comes at high speed when car goes through the specific size of pothole.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011