1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. punto90hp

punto90hp Timido

KANNUR

supply of spare is not back to normal? if i am correct, the fire happened on may 31st. The TASS guy had shown me the circular from tata motors to convince me that the dealer is helpless in procuring the spare parts. my punto 90 hp's AC failed only after 250kms, the reason being faulty compressor. Compressor had failed in such a short time. will write in detail about that prblm later.
  2. My TJet is making irritating squeaking noises from the rear when driven on uneven roads.

I checked the seats, doors, C-pillar panels, rear parcel tray etc but everything seems to be in place and fitted properly.

The noise is irritating especially at night.

Fixed an appointment today afternoon with Concorde. Lets see.

Have any one faced similar issue and got a solution ?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had this issue in my Punto, but that can't be with your T-Jet. The issue was from Rear wiper motor. It took more than 40 mins drive, Mr Srinivas from Concorde, finally he pin pointed the issue. I must say it was tough to find the cause of sound.
  4. TASS guys checked and finalised that the squeaking noise is from the rear shocks and need to be replaced.

I am not convinced as the sqeaking noise is like 'breaking of plastics' (kat kat katr krrrrrrrr) when going over potholes.

I returned back home without changing the shocks.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I am getting a Krrr - Krrr sound from front left of my punto whenever i go fast over a slow bump . It is not there when i go slowly over much larger bumps . I think it is coming from the roof as if it is shaking . Has anyone experienced this sound before...??
  6. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    Facing a lot of rattles and niggles in the car
    - Just like you mentioned ranconteur, my front co-passenger back rest rattles a lot when going on a slightly unsurfaced road. The amount of vibration that the seat has, makes me wonder if it has been fitted properly or not. I did show it to TASS out here they just oiled it and the rattle was gone for a few KM after which it again re-surfaced
    - Other problem that i am noticing is that the arm rest also sqeaks if a little amount of pressure is put on it.
    - The rear seat (thigh support) moves up and down. It would be nice if other people can confirm this, just try to lift the seat a bit and see if it moves. This also creates a sound while going on a bit of bumpy road. So bnzjon, you might have to check that up also.

My first service is due in a few days (hopefully i would reach the 5000KM mark before time), so would raise up all the these issues out there. It would be nice if someone could help me so that i am not taken for a ride @ TASS.
  7. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    For the co-passenger seat rattle it is play in the slider , even i am facing it from few days . After oiling the slider when u will move the slider 5-6 times forward and backward , then rattle will go for some time but then after abusing car for some kms it will be back and it rattles continuously like you said even on a slight unsurfaced road . Changing the slider is the only permanent solution to it.

For the rear seat rattle you have to use tape . Fiat has really messed up with the interiors . Till 17k kms everything was fine but now whenever i abuse car for some kms , their is no stopping of rattles.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Change of clutch slave cylinder

My linea MJD 2009 emotion run about 53000 Kms.My clutch sometimes feel hard and sometimes soft.Guys what should be the reason for the same. i have not gone for the change to new steel clutch Slave cylinder.now am rhinking to go for that.Would the change bring the softness back to my clutch or i have to change the clutch plates.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Must get the slave cylinder replaced.
    Same time, ask them to check clutch plate, if required change that also.
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    @varin11 Its opposite for me . After changing CSC i am experiencing the same thing , clutch was perfect before . May be rains have something to do with it or they did not bleed the clutch . Will get it checked whenever gets time .
    B/w i drove 2 puntos back to back , they were having same hardness as my clutch but their gear shift was smoother than mine and moreover recently i test drove cars like sx4 diesel , polo petrol , verna 1.6 crdi . SX4 and polo seemed to have quite hard clutch while verna's clutch was fine . Dont know whether its related to pain i have developed in my left leg or due to clutch .