1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i also had this sound when i was arnd 3000 KM mark, got my first checkup at 3400 kms and the sound vanished .. i don't know what TASS guys did nd i didn't even bothered to ask ...
    but m sure that nothing and i mean No part was changed or repaired.. just tighten up i'll say ..
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

if its like goooooooom like old fiat padmine taxis then its normal almost all vehicles make this type of sound while reversing
  3. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    yeah... i asked my bro to reverse the car. i have heard it clearly......i'll go to some other service center..
  4. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    I dont think its clutch issue... if it were clutch issue then i shud face in forward gears as well...
  5. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    no its not dat sound.. may be i m nt able to describe the sound in words ..;-).... but i didnt hear this sound in last 9 yrs with honda, maruti, Hyundai....the cars i have....

Mods Note - Please do not use SMS lingo. It inconveniences the members/ readers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  6. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    its not the grinnin sound of gear which comes wen gear is not engaged properly.....

Mods Note - Please do not use SMS lingo. It inconveniences the members/ readers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Did you by any chance get to check the engine guard and if it's touching something. I had similar problem only in reverse but it was more of metal clang sound though.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    no its nt engine guard sound....
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    update:

I yesterday called the TASS and inquired about the shocker pad. He said that the invoicing has been done but dispatch is not done yet. He also said that due to the fire in the warehouse all the fiat spare parts are getting delayed. dont know when they will restore to normal?
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    See the Gear Ratio.

Gear Ratio of Reverse Gear is always taller than 1st gear. There are very few cars having same gear ratio i.e. ( same gear ratio for 1st & Reverse gear )
    So reverse gear has less power as compared to 1st gear

Because of less power to reverse gear,at incline improper load comes on clutch.
    And if clutch assly. is faulty then clutch tends to slip because of this improper load.
    Sorumbling noise comes in reverse gear especially when we drive the car in reverse gear at incline.

Please don't misunderstand ! Iam indicating Rumbling noise which is abnormal.

I am not speaking about specific common noise that we listen in reverse gear
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011