1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. clash81 get the tie rod checked and the steering column shaft greased.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    :cry: nope. The sound still persists. To test it yesterday i returned home with four others (total five members) and the sound came. Today morning also the sound came. :cry: Looks like i have to take the car to TASS
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Get Tie-rods, link rods/ ball joints, strut moutings checked. Either of these would solved the problem.
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Hi guys ,

My left front passenger seat is making a rattling sound whenever the car goes over a bump . Their is no sound when someone is sitting on the seat . It only comes when the seat is left un-occupied . I enquired about it from a local mechanic and according to him its a play in the seat slider which is making that sound. And i am really frustrated with TASS , these people do not have courtesy for their customers . So please suggest me how to go on with this problem . Is their any place outside near delhi/ncr where i can get this rectified.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Yesterday i went to TASS to check the sound. The technician took the car for a test drive and i insisted that i will accompany him. I was chatting with the driver about possible causes and i told him my observations. I told him that the sound is not associated with suspension as the sound comes even in plain road. He smiled and i asked him what is the problem. He said that he had identified the problem and said that the sound comes from the shocker pad. I told him that a friend had the same problem and after changing the link rod the problem got solved. But he said that he is sure that the problem is with the shocker pad. Went to the workshop and told the service manager that the shocker pad needs replacement. The Service manager told that there is no stock:A. I asked him how long it will take and he said minimum 1 week:shocked. So the sound still exists.
    Also my rear washer was not working and the guys fixed it but now the front washer is not working.:uh. The loose back seat was fixed. have to wait for the part to arrive:irked
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    unavailability of parts have haunted fiat since a long time and still continues to do so. opening brand stores want help. its better they take care of their existing customer rather than running after new ones. even the current fiat fans will be put off by the shoddy services and look elsewhere when buying their next car.
    and besides fiats are full of niggling issues.
  7. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Strange Sound when moving vehicle in reverse?

Hi Friends,

Whenever i engage the reverse gear and slowly release the clutch i hear strange sound like "gooooooonnnn". initially it was very low. i showed it to HIM Motors couple of months back but they said its normal.

but i doubt that its normal. Cos its increased to that level that i can hear it over the engine sound. i can hear it from both inside or outside.

Please suggest guys.

Thank you.
    Best Regards,
    Amarjit Singh
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Now that sounds wierd.. Have you heard the noise properly? I mean there is nothing that makes "Gooooonmm" noise. I suggest to get it check from another service centre.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is noise of Clutch Thrust bearing.Or Clutch is slipping at specific RPM & at specific load limit.

Take the one trial.

Drive the car in Reverse Gear at incline.
    If the noise is more on incline then definatly it is noise of clutch system.

My Maruti Dzire is also facing same problem.
    I am going to visit Maruti ASS for Clutch Replacement in warrantee
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  10. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Are you sure you are engaging the clutch fully (just a doubt)? Because the sound you mentioned sounds like when the gear isn't engaged.

Just a question (I've limited technical knowledge about clutch) - If the clutch is having a problem, then why noise would come only when reverse gear? Shouldn't it occur then in all the gears?