1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @rakesh

Get the air filter cleaned.Helps a lot on noise reduction.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is not good.

If it shows much above the max level even on a cold engine , that indicates a lot of over filling.

You get the extra oil drained and pull up the guy who put in so much extra . Extra oil, above the recommended limit is not good for the engine.

Gurjinder
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Answers in line....

4. en_arvind

en_arvind

Chennai
    Is it a whining kind of noise? I have got a noise while reversing especially when I used the car after a couple of days.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    en_arvind - It's not whining but was a metal grinding noise. Had it checked at VST and found the engine guard to be the problem. It had hit something hard and bent inwards which was pulled back in place. The noise has disappeared since then.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you clash81. I think that the problem i am facing right now is the same as you have solved. Anyways i have talked to the TASS and got an appointment on monday. Lets see whether the TASS guys could identify the problem by themselves :p. I too noticed that it does not have any relation with breaking. Yes i meant the jerk that we get while breaking suddenly in a pulsating way.

I will keep updating. Puntoroman what about you?
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  7. PuntoRoman

PuntoRoman

NEW DELHI
    Hi Buddy. Sorry for a delayed reply.
    99.99% I agree to the answers what Clash81 has given.
    Even I'm extremely confused from which area exactly the Khat-Khat originating.
    Of course, no issues while breaking.
    I have fixed an appointment for today 4 pm or else may go next week on 7th July 2011.
    The sound is more irritating in nature.
    Let me keep you guys updated:)

And it's good to see that Thread name has changed which now seems 2 B apt "KHAT-KHAT".
    Irritiating Damn sound
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, Something strange happened today. While i was driving to my office along with three of my colleagues, the sound was not coming and at large bumps i could hear the sound feebly :p. Earlier i used to drive alone or along with one more guy. Don't know whether it was due to load factor or something. Will have to test it with less persons again.

Anyways will keep updating. Clash81 any comments on this observation?
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi All,
    Could you just tell whether its a "khat khat" sound or a "char char" sound like it happens in case of spark . I too have a 90Hp and have this "char- char" sound from the Left Side. Exact cause is not known . During the first service the TASS tried their best to locate the source ; then even opened the Front Left suspension but could not locate the cause as the sound was still there . They just oiled everything (using some spray). After a few kms the sound was self gone for about 2000Kms only to surface again. My car has done 12000 Kms and I will again show this stuff to TASS.
  10. @srikaratluri-strut mountings if weared out make a lot of noise even if you cruise at the lowest rpms because these have nothing to do with the steering column,they give jerks and make a rattling noise allthroughout because the car dampens to one particular side.May be you are referring to the engine rubber mounts.But even in that case the engine stops with a thud if turned off.