1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. rakesh_bhalke

rakesh_bhalke

Mumbai
    Linea Petrol Cabin Noise

Hi,
    I am getting so much noise in linea Dynamic petrol.
    I didn't recognize , Is it come from tire /air/ engine?
    If I open bonnet and accelerate then engine makes noise. But If bonnet is close then its sounds smooth.

Please give suggestion on it.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @rakesh

Is ur car new? How much is it run??? Initial Petrol Lineas are coarse by nature.Gradually as u clock the miles the engine sets and bcums butter smooth.I too was facing this but now engine has bcum super silent.Im on 6600kms now.If u still feel the sound should be less then u can use the NVH dampner used in the diesel lineas.
    And as far as tires are concerned, stock Good Year GT3's are very noisy.New Lineas are coming with Apollo Accelere.Which ones u running on??
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  3. rakesh_bhalke

rakesh_bhalke

Mumbai
    Thanks for reply.
    my car run around almost 7500k till now.
    And tires are stock Good Year GT3's.
    But comparatively before 5K run I am getting more knocking in engine.

I forget to tell... In free check camp service they fill oil more than max level.
    Is this make knocking?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Rakesh

It'll be the best bet for you to get the car checked at a reputed TASS ( Service centre) to clear the doubts.

Gurjinder.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    How did you come to know that they have filled more oil during the camp?? Did u follow the necessary steps to check correct oil level?? Check the oil level when the engine is completely cold i.e in the morning.Petrol Lineas do take time to settle down i.e after 8-10k kms they bcome silent and smooth.And for tires GT3's are very noisy, if u plan to change go for Bridgestone Potenza.Can you explain the knocking a bit more? Im also facing knocking in 1st gear.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    hi clash81,

I think i m having the same problem, that you recently solved, in my GP 90 hp. To confirm i would like to ask some questions.
    1. Did your car stall at any time immediately before the sound started to come?. As i observed the sound after my car stalled over a speed bump.
    2. Did this sound came even when there is no potholes and only a slightly rough road?
    3. Did this sound came for sure when you pressed the brakes?
    4. Did the sound came most often during to and fro jerk rather than sideways jerk?
    5. Did it felt like the sound is coming sometimes from inside the bonnet, sometimes from the left hand side wheel and sometimes from the middle under the hand brake?

These were the observations of the sound coming in my 90 HP since yesterday. And one more thing is the car roadworthy with the link rod problem as i have to drive the car some 150 kms to reach the nearest TASS?.

Please post a quick reply as i m worried every time the sound comes from only a week old 90 HP :(
  7. PuntoRoman

PuntoRoman

NEW DELHI
    Me too facing the same problem from the very 2nd day of my vehicle delivered. Sathish - I think we should contact TASS to fix the same as CLASH81 solved his.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah puntoroman that's the only option left. But before going to the TASS i wanted to confirm that the problem in my car and clash81's were one and the same. Otherwise even after changing the link rod the noise wont disappear. I am thinking of not telling the Technicians in TASS and let them find out until its required by me :D.
  9. rakesh_bhalke

rakesh_bhalke

Mumbai
    Hi,
    As per your advice I show the car to TAS but they said everything is normal.
    They said every petrol car have same noise. They mention GT3's are noisy.

Actually its not knocking voice but its air sound voice.
    I checked Oil level at morning time. Its too much above the max level.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

try cleaning the air filter and see if it helps