1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. nilesh

nilesh

Thane, Mumbai
    grinding noise from front wheel side

There's grinding noise from front wheel driver side. It comes when the car has been wet in rain (moderately). The noise is irrespective of speed. The noise is intermittent but persists long.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

for start :- do get the wheel balancing and allignment checked nicely, also check if break pads are proper without any major loss of rubber
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please use existing similar thread rather creating new thread each time./
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hissing noise from Brake Booster

As mentioned by Jumu I was also getting hissing noise (Air-leak) near Steering system.

I found that noise is coming from internal side of Brake Booster. Near brake paddle.

Noise is clearly noticable when engine reaches at its operating temp. When engine reaches at operating temp. engine clatter is minimised. At that time we can hear this noise by concentration.
    But you should be in silent premises. (On highway and outside of city OR in the silence of night )

Noise vanishes when I press Brake Paddle. Are there more cases like this.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bhai , there is already a thread related to this. You could've posted your query there. Please have a read of this thread by Amogh.

And i see another transition by you!

Today morning you said :
    And now you're saying :
    I sincerely request you to take a firm stand.

Gurjinder.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  7. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    hi ,

I am hearing a sound from clutch when pressed and released . The clutch is smooth and i founded some difficult in engaging gears 2-3 weeks ago , but now no problem in gear shifting . What could be the cause . My car has covered 16,400 km and i got CSC changed at 14,500 kms. Plus when i break with clutch , brakes are not that effective . Any info guys ..?
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is it a squeak? The pedal joint may just need a lil' bit of oiling.

I think you're referring to pressing the brake pedal along with the clutch one?

This is quite intriguing and frankly i don't have an answer for it.

Gurjinder.
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    If you are simultaneously pressing the clutch pedal along with the brakes, you are basically negating the effect of engine braking. Try braking on an empty stretch with and without pressing the clutch and you will surely find that the braking ability is better when the clutch pedal is left alone until the very last second.
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I was hearing a distinct tak-tak sound from front left door on almost every bump today . So i checked this out and now whenever from inside of a door i pull the handle towards me the door is making a similar sound . How can this be rectified as its quite irritating in a car which has been very silent till now...