1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    am not sure brother.....just have look on both front mudflaps,seems like they are getting rubbed with the tyres when you turn the steering..i had same issue of noise while turning....now thrown off both torn mudflaps....

on this steering note.......

when i had been to my car dealer @ ludhiana one fellow had come with the issues of wires got cut and massive short circuit.

how it happened.....

it all happened because of the red sacred cloth ( holy laal duppata).normally we tend to tie this cloth/thread around steering...same thing was done by this guy on his linea and every time he use to rotate his steering this cloth used to get mangled and keeps tightening the wires which goes underneath the steering and resulted wiring cut problem...
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Post deleted as requested. Kindly use the report post feature for sure and prompt response. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It is quite normal , in FIATs and many other cars. It is not an issue, just a minor niggle. When we turn the steering to its extreme ends , the pressure and stress on the power steering pump is at the max , and that leads to certain vibrations.

This has been discussed in another thread , but couldn't find it.

Make it a practice not to rotate the steering to its extreme position. Keep it , say 95% of its max turning position. And if at all you have to turn it to the max , make sure it is not for an extended period of time. Only for a few seconds max.

Gurjinder.
  4. but then the sound did not come when the car was new..
    only now this sound started?
    any reasons for this??
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Varoon 22ji
    First culprit can be door striker black plastic getting worn out and second culprit can be the loose power window switch panel
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

vijay 22ji which black plastic you tokin about????wat would be the remedy if this is the sole culprit??
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Varoon,

While driving, hold the door tight towards you (using the door handle) and see if the rattle noise goes away.. if the noise does go away, then its the door latch that is causing the rattle.. I faced a similar issue and this is what I found out..

Vroom
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this noon had been to service station for lil check up....service adviser noticed that same krr noise from my front left suspension,niggle was elastic pads has got rust,both would be getting changed under warranty.
  9. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    hi
    same problem. with my linea mjd
    have been to galaxy service centre
    SA told me that culprit was elastic pad
    and this is the problem with some batch
    fiat has new modified elastic pad but they don't have in stock will be available in weeks time
  10. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    hi guys, since yesterday evening i am feeling some vibrations/rattle form the steering when i turn the wheel to slight left or right.It feels like a spring releasing itself or somthing.any idea what could be the problem , should i be worried? Mine a MJD active

I have not driven hard over any potholes as far as i can remember .please help.