1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: "Krrr- Krr" sound in lower RPMs

punto-er the indicator problem is not connected to the work done at the TASC.
    Your "combination switch" responsible for the indicator will be replaced FOC under warranty.

Before going to the TASC, ask them if they have the combination switch for your car in stock!!
  2. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru

@Chaos: I am not entirely convinced that its not related. The thing is that the steering wheel was also making some Squeeking sound. Which was also sorted by the TASC int that first service. For that i dont know what all did they do and if all that had something to do with the Combination Switch..

Anyway, They have ordered for the switch and will be available only after 3-5 working days!!

Update on the Belt Issue. Apparently the service guys have replaced the Belt, some bearings and other small things but the issue remains. They now plan to change the 'Alternator' and check for the issue. They have promised not to deliver it back to me till the issue is sorted.

The service guy in touch with me from Concorde is Manjunath. Has assured delivery by evening today.
  3. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

Hi guys, I too experience the same krr - krrr (a vibration kind) noise when slowing down (without using brakes) in my Punto. :A

Anyone found the solution?

Apart from that, I also get a whistling wind noise possibly from the left ORVM. Is this common?
  4. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Folks,

Not too sure if this is the right place to start this thread. But I just wanted to know your individual (minor) squeaks, rattles and niggles that you are facing/faced earlier with either the Fiat Linea / Punto.

Here goes my list:

1. Got it resolved a few months back. But it's back: Grrr sound coming from the dashboard. This I know are the AC pipes rubbing. The first (1/2) kms is fine. But after that this is a consistent noise that occurs.
    2. When I go over a bumper / a pot hole, I hear a minor thud sound as though the dashboard has come loose.
    3. Minor rattling noise from the driver window. Extremely rare, but this was constant when it was raining. I can hear this noise, when I am strolling in higher gear.
    4. When I go over a bumper, noise from the top as though the covering of the roof is shaking.

Would help if any of you have faced these and how these were resolved.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

1. trouble the TASC every time if the problem is not resolved. When feedback calls come make complaint & 0 score them.

2. check the glove box if anything is loose in there (head lamp bulbs etc) try going slower than usual over the speed beaker. Visit TASC if its there.

3. the window rattle needs to be diagnosed at the TASC.

4. check the sun visor. If you still have the plastic over it then its what making the faint noise. (in my case, a faint rattle from roof when i went over a bump, pothole. diagnosed it to the passenger sun visor with plastic cover still on)
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Vroom for the issue No. 4 remove and refit the front cabin lights. There will be wires behind this adjust the wires such that they don't touch plastic part of cabin light.
    This is my issue list
    1. Noise from left rear door while driving on a bad road. Disappeared automatically after some days. It was like how an Indica diesel makes that irritating noise while starting in cold morning.
    2. Squeaking noise from rear seat. Fixed by refitting the rear seat again.
    3. Noise like something is loose in front right door when closing.Though door doesn't rattle when moving.
    4. Noise from Seat Belt Holder when going over bumps. Fixed by changing the holder.
    5. Noise from Bonnet. Fixed by aligninging the black rubber part to adjust gap between bumper and bonnet.
    6. Noise from dashboard area. It was pendrive hitting the dashboard.
    7. Faulty Seat Height Adjuster. Fixed by changing Height Adjuster Assembely.
    8. Rear AC Vent came out of it's place. Fixed it again and it' still there after more than 10k kms.
    9. Switches under Main AC Vents went inside while switching on Hazard Lights. Whole console changed under Warranty.
    10. Glove Box and Fuse Box Cover were misalligned.
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Thanks guys. My problem with TASC is this:

For the AC pipes thingy, I had to take the car 4 times. Involve Fiat after mailing the top management. I mentioned this issue when I gave my car for the monsoon check-up. Nothing came out of it.

It's frustrating to say the least. So, I am not too sure if I should get it done now and blow my top when they are not resolved or wait for the second service due in November.

Thanks,
    Vroom
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

No Squeaks
    No Rattles
    No Niggles

...in my Linea....

Touch wood.... ::T
  9. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

No Squeaks
    No Rattles
    No Niggles

Same as Vahan said. It is becasue I have not gone for any extra's like the window filim etc etc., My Linea is as is when I bought it.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Same here. My Linea is also Virgin except for Seat Covers - No sun films, No reverse parking sensors, nothing.

Even at the time of getting the seat covers done, there was an option of door trims, I did not go for it for this very reason. Again when I got ant-rust treatment done, I wanted to get it done for entire body, but the guy said they'll have to remove door panels so opted against it again