1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. I had the same noise while coming back from TFI Chail Trip. We all thought that this might be the engine gaurd or any object that is stuck, but this came out to be the LINK ROD . Take your car to the service station and ask the guy to check the Link Rod.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I havent taken the car out for 2 days now. Quite stuck up to call and get an appointment with TASS. :(
  3. i doubt the strut mountings..
    engine shield makes a sound like if a phone is vibrating..
    that sound is peculiar and on the steering turned fully to a side gives a squeaking sort of sound
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Took the vehicle to TASS...... As Karan pointed out, it was the linkrod. They fixed it. Apart from that, there was some rattling from the steering column, which i told them to check. They told me both issues are fixed but the steering column rattling is persisting.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Mods, this thread can be closed.
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    hi guys ,

I am facing a wobbling problem in my 16,000 kms old Punto 1.3 emotion Pack . I was facing this problem from about 2k kms but was not able to make out the source of it. Now i got my wheels checked and surprisingly 3 of my 4 alloys have a very slight inside bent . Can this be attributed to manufacturing defect as the car is normally driven on delhi roads and i am the sole driver and i do no remember hitting a pothole in a way that could bend the alloy and especially 3 out of 4 i.e 75% damage, if not please suggest a solution as it is really spoiling my driving pleasure which i used to get before.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard raconteur

Have a read of this thread.

Gurjinder
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    some slight rattling noise coming out of right front door....never got door opened......no speaker change..still sounds pricks my peace......
    help 22ji...................is it door lock panel or loosened speakers????
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Varooon 22ji, speakers are riveted to the doors, so that rules out them getting loosened on their own.

Have a wise mechanic/ ICE installer/TASS guy look at it.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Krr.. sound in steering wheel

when I turn my steering(Linea MJD) full in lock position both the sides( engine on) i get this faint krrr sound from the engine (not sure where its coming from)both the sides.i suspect it may be the power steering belt which i got checked recently.I have got he elastic pads changed around 44000 kms (current 51500 kms).2 weeks back i noticed tuk tuk sound on turning the steering both side which went away after few days and thuk thuk sound when the car was in motion which also gone.KINDLY ADVISE GUYS What could be the issue.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011