1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am still confused about the 1st service timing. If memory doesnt fail me, last time i had visited the TASS for some alignment issues and the SA told me 3k. I need to confirm this again.

For me the sound started coming out of the blue. Vehicle was running all fine and suddenly last Thursday, this sound started coming. I think it has become more prominent over the days. I couldnt take the car out as i was out of town this weekend. Today, i took the car out and i feel the sound has increased. :sad1
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The noise may be due to loose Engine guard sheet .
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    dilip is there way to check this on our own?
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Take it to sc. It can only be checked from underneath the car.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if the noise is from the wheel n comes only on uneven road then the culprit could be strut mount. get it checked in TASS. It will be replaces under warranty if found faulty. have u gone on a speed breaker very fast sometime before this problem started
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yep . Turn the wheel to extreme left/right , and try check the engine guard for any play ... Would require some back bending ...

And if there is no play in it , then the suspension is the culprit .
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Strange noise whilst reversing

Guys - Just noticed some strange noise while reversing the car. It's some metal clang noise coming under the hood when the clutch is held at halfway. This occurs only whilst reversing and not while using the forward one's.

I'm also getting loud thud sounds from the front passenger side suspension. I'm doubting it to be the mounting bushes. This happens only over uneven roads and bumps.

The last sound is a possible squeak from rear suspension area only audible whilst going over uneven roads.

I had some noise fixed coming from the seat holders on the rear, concorde guys have simply put tape around it. Is there a permanent solution for this guys?

I've booked a appointment this Friday with TASS. I wanted to get your views before I head there.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had a similar kind of thud sound issue with my front suspension, took it to TASS and they found some stub bearing issues and tightened a few things after which there has been no problem.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks mhitesh, will get it checked.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Guess what? Even I started getting those rattles from LHS. It sounds when I drive through bad road or some bump. Its annoying. I opened bonnet and as far as my eye sight could go, checked the engine guard sheet but couldnt see any mark of wear.

I will go to TASS soon however my first service is due after 1k kms which would take around 15 days. Do you think I should wait uptill then or I should immediately take some action?