1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Hi Jerry, suggest you meet Mr Kribakaran in VST motors.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yes, I quite agree. There is a dedicated Fiat service station coming up in OMR, that should hopefully solve the problem.

I'm planning to take the car after 2 weeks, you can join me if you want. PM me your number please.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Let me help here...
    Nee to tighten the screws for real plastic panels and parcel tray. That would sort out the issues...I did it myself some time back...a case of Assembly line clumsiness....they forgot to tighten the screws.
    If you have Mud Flaps installed ...please get rid of them...they are ugly and make a lot of noise over potholes and speed breakers

[
    Probably there is something wrong in the way you change gears ....like changing in half clutch etc.... if that's not the case live with it till first oil change...things will improve for sure.

Go out and ride your ass off in your car....it will take that.....and stop worrying about miner niggles.... I did the same and things are better now.

That's India customer care for you....Follow up with the customer instead of following up with the people who are responsible to deliver the service. LOL

This reminds me of a famous interview question to Michael Dell.. the question was..."Why is it that dell being a world class company with world class Products and services is unable to deliver quality service in India?"
    He said ...Blame your countries Infrastructure and Logistics for that.....
    Indian workers... unclean hands....please don't blame poor car for that....
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Cabin Noise in TJET

Hi Guys,

On my way to Mumbai from Pune the car reaches 130-140 KMPH easily on flat roads. But the cabin noise is little too much to bear. Added to that the AC blower's noise adds to the overall noise. I am not sure of its the case with the other cars as well.

I was wondering if there can be something done about the cabin sound proofing?

Regards,
    Sid
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    they say it is due to orvm ,which i am not convinced . i have figured this wind noise to be some kind of air turbulence from engine bay or Air circulation duct. as matter of fact it is very difficult to trace the issue as this happens only at high speed .so i literally dropped the idea of resolving and usually maintain my ride below 100.
  6. guys, it seems that the noise is due to design flaw of the rubber beading on the front doors. Even I face the same and its because of the air seeping in from the A-pillar. Thats the reason why it can be heard at high speeds. The only solution is to do a jugaad somehow and add some more lining to it.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Slight OT

Has anyone changed the OE GoodYear NCT 5's of the T-Jet? If yes, have you experienced a difference in tire noise.

I think this is also one aspect to be looked into. Since i went through one set of NCT 5's on our Palio D and found them rather noisy.

Gurjinder
  8. True, the Goodyears are noisy tires for sure. You can hear the tire noise even at 50~60 kmph.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    ^^ Agreed

Good Year's are very noisy..But offer excellent grip and handling ;)

coming to ur query..even i'm experiencing this wind/whistling noise..but im living with it..mabbe sum design flaw..

@linealover

wat jugaad r u planning to do buddy?? if its workin then do lets us know :)
  10. @pioneeraaron: I haven't planned anything yet but will surely do something about it. More than anything the noise is annoying.