1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    at 1500rpm car revs smooth and sweet.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Has it been resolved?

Its the clutch release bearing. Strange its coming at only 2000kms.

3. i have a problem
    when ever i try to turn the steering full right as when i try to reverse or park there is a grrrrrr grinding sound coming from the front right side wheel arch.
    any ideas what it might lead to??
    also my first service is coming up in another 10 days time(3 months)
    I have done only 2200kms any problems with the service would i face??
    also i feel the front suspension of my car rattles when ever it goes into a pothole or a bad patch of road??
    might those be due to loose bolts or nuts??

sorry for the long list of questions.
    could not stop myself....
  4. gurjinder

This has been discussed earlier on the forum and its not a problem as such in the system. The only way to prevent the grrr noise is to avoid turning the steering to its extreme points. It is never a good practice to turn the steering to its extremeties , since that puts a lot of load on the hydraulic power steering pump.

Do it only if its un-avoidable. At other times , turn the steering , say 95% of its max turn to either side. Not more.

No idea about the rattles mate.

5. gurjinder ji
    thanks for the information.
    will try following.
    do you think it s a good idea to get the suspension checked by the service personnel at fiat service center or is it better to get it checked outside????
    since i know a shed who has been working on all my fathers cars over the years
  6. gurjinder

For the sake of your car's warranty , take the car ONLY to the authorised service centre.

Search the forum , i think there was a mention of the suspension rattles. Part(s) were replaced under warranty and the noise disappeared.
  7. sorry of the noob questions without searching the forum
    am a little lazy...
  8. jerryruban

Plasitc/ Panel noise in windows

Hai all,

Im getting plastic noise inside the cabin also the lock in the dashboard opens even for a speed breaker, both the issues has been mentioned in the service complaints. at the time of delivery the advisor simply said, the issues has been rectified, but nothing was done.

In addition, the headlamp has been adjsuted and the light beam is focussing on hte highway tower :)

When i had alto earlier, the service advisor told me the panel noises has been corrected and he was done tht also.

I have a great feel that the ASS is very worst for FIAT atleast in chennai (Inside Chennai city only TAFE REACH is there (Horrible Service experience)), can you advise any third party service centres in chennai to rectify these issues.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I wonder what's stopping them from correcting the glovebox issue? All they need to do is change that plate thing.

Regarding plastic/panel noise in windows, did you get sunfilm or speakers installed in your car after buying the car?
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    FIAT has service issues as it is dependent on TATA for sales & service.

Perhaps some boarder from Chennai can help you out.