1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Guys - I'm hearing a strange click click kind of sound somewhere inside the Automatic Climate Control unit I believe. Anyone had this before? It's heard only when I go over the bumps though.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    impurities in fuel most probably water.

i had similar issue in my indica vista quadrajet, remebered i filled diesal an a heavy rainy day..then it never happened .!!!
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    my question is to all the petrol linea owners. recently i find my car is not delivering constant power. the power fluctuates even if the accelerator is at a steady position. an electro sensor has been replaced in my car when i reported increased engine noise and power loss. i tried by idling my car and then revving it to 1500 rpm. my car vibrates slightly at 1500rpms. it is not smooth and you can feel the car bouncing at 1500rpm. i request petrol owners to check the same with their car and reply me.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @karan desai , this is totally unusual, check your car to TASS & car bouncing at 1500rpm??i cant get that can you elaborate that?
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    My TJet at times makes an audible squeaky sound when I half press the brake to slowly slow down. Is that normal? There is no sound when I brake harder.

I am taking her to the service centre tomorrow, so will ask the SA as well.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Touchwood I never faced such issues in my 1.2 Punto Emtion. Not a single rattle, not that so called break issue & not the mileage isssue.

I am totally satisfied with my PUNTO :)
  7. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    I hear a rattle in my 1.3MJD Epk. , Left rear pillar area , particularly when passing over bump or pothole, the sound is much more audible when there is no passenger accompanying especially on the rear seat, with 5 persons in car the sound is very less audible.
    This problem started from odo reading @2000 kms. problem highligted during my 1st service , at fortune Andheri, he sorted out , but was back after few hundred kms. I suppose the sound is from the Plastic part near the rear left seat belt hook ( fitted to the pillar area) ,
    This sound really irritates...

Any DIY ? These TASS guys are hopeless & always use shortcuts...

Atul
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    mestoc
    First of all make out from where the noise is coming from.
    Let the car driven by someone else and jump onto the rear seat and identify the problem area.
    Start by folding the split seats, then hold the door tightly with your hand. (If any of the above solves your problem apply some tape to the strikers of the seat and doors)
    If it's from plastic parts get some good quality heavy double sided tape and stick that between plastic part and metal.
    All the screws should not be overtight (They should be only tight enough to stop the plastic from rattling, usually half turn less than fully tight)
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    my car has completed 2000kms. Few problems like-
    1) A.c stopped working.
    2)Media player was not recognizing usb.
    3)Rear ac vent came off.
    4)When you release the clutch, some kind off rattle was being produced.

Nothing else. I'm happy with my car:)
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    tron i have tried explaining them they are too insensitive to understand such issues. even if they understand they try to avoid such complaints. if i explain the bouncing at 1500 it is like normally the car when at idle it remains steady and you do not feel any movements or vibrations, but when at idle and you rev it to 1500 rpm you can feel the car vibrating a bit. it feels like the engine is not smooth and the vibrations can be felt inside the cabin. and the pattern of vibration is not normal. normally the vibrations are continuous but in my car the car sort of like "bounces" just like the engine is gasping for air at that particular rpm. post that rpm i do not find the vibration weird. i hope i have explained you. or else just check it for yourself. a car enthu normally can feel such details than a normal car owner.