1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

Recently I replaced Front sturts & Elastic pads in warrantee + Cross Rail & lower arms in insurance.
    So all front suspension became new except coil spring.
    But on bad roads, Iam facing problem of clearance in steering system.

I think it may due to faulty Steering Ball Joint OR Tie Rod Ends

Is there anyone who has replaced Steering Ball Joint OR Tie Rod Ends ? :anyone
  2. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar

i have also problem like this. Noise come from front like "thak thak" when car pass on rough road or bump, it is come from front right but feel lt was come from rear :?: . i call TASS they ask come on monday .

hiren
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

More than a year back, I used to get faint thud thud kinda noise as if something is loose & is colliding with metal somewhere. TASC did one TD, checked & diagnosed - ball joints were replaced & the noise vanished :) .
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Thanx. I will visit to TATA ASS. & check it.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

i have a similar noise just as vahan suggested. but it comes occasionally so i could not point it to the SC. the noise comes only when it rides over a typical crater. that play kind of feeling is really annoying me and i cannot enjoy the new car feel.
  6. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar

problem solved.

Service man ask the hit of stones and it have created dent on the metal plate beneath the engine, but caused no other damage.they checked the car lifted and under body examined that touch with it when car run on rough road or pass on it. He worked on it and do guard in original position.

Now there is no sound or "thak thak" . :dance

hiren
  7. download2live

download2live

Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

There is a very good chance that I am totally wrong here.

Are you using engine braking? If you are then good. It helps to prolong your brake pad life.
    But there is a threshold after which the low rpm of the engine cannot simply take the load and this sound is heard. You need to spend more time with your car to recognise when till what point the engine will support the engine braking. After that press clutch while keeping the brake pedal pressed as usual.
  8. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad

I had similar issue with the Front Suspension and also rear, when try to rotate stearing makes a gaddered sound like some thing is broken and on bumps and on rough surface, sounds like broken and loose suspension fitment, and in the rear suspension quecking sound, But with help of TATA a.s.s got all of then replaced one by one, Issue resolved... :)
  9. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    Linea TJET- Windshield and other niggling issues

Hi All,

Before i jump into all kinds of problems and get to all the suggestions from all of you a very big thank you to all the members of team fiat whose comments went in a long way in making up my mind on buying this car.
    So finally i did get my car on March 17th after some not so pleasant buying experience, which i thought would not matter as i knew that i am buying a quality product.
    Well looks like all my good thoughts for the car has come crashing down with the quality of the car that i have got, not complaining. Now that i have a car i need to get it fixed so that at least i could be mentally happy .
    If anybody can give me suggestions or help it would be really really great.

Issue 1
    - While doing the filming of the front wind-shield the 3M lad found a spot/bubble on the glass and is located right at where the wiper blade makes contact with the glass ( the 3M guy did not put the film on this glass). I have been to the dealer and wasted 5 hours, was shoved like a football going from 1 workshop to another. Finally the manager at the dealer's end has asked for 72 hours to resolve the matter, the timeline has already past and i have still not got any call/ response from them.
    Anyways leave all this, can somebody give me any suggestion/ pointers ?

Issue 2
    - There is some amount of creaking noise that i get from the left rear side, not sure why this has started. I specifically get the sound when i go over bumps at slow/ medium speeds. Another observation is that I find that the left rear door, does not make the same kind of "thud" noise as the other doors make. Do not know if the two might be inter- related.

Issue 3
    - My running has been 650 KM and like some other members have mentioned, I too have started to hear "whistling" sound when i brake at low speeds. Should i be worried ?

I have taken an appointment for Issue 2 and Issue 3 and surprise i got the appointment only on 29th of April.

BTW my car is just 2 weeks old and these are the set of the problems. I did do a PDI but for the glass stuff it was impossible for me to detect and on top of that what ever problems i had mentioned some where taken care in "jugad" way. Like i said my main point is to get suggestions for the above mentioned issues. If I am able to get some kind of solution will update it accordingly.

Regards
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Re: Linea TJET- Windshield and other niggling issues

How big are the bumps, might be the Mud flaps are rubbing the bumps.