1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: "Krrr- Krr" sound in lower RPMs

Guys u shldnt let this go.. u need to escalate it to a senior person at the TASS till its not resolved.. Or take help from FIat to resolve it...
  2. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras

Andy, you won't believe - I have been waiting for my rear parcel tray garnishes since last August. I haven't received them yet. I'm fed up with these guys here. We had to decide between Linea and City for our next car. But after the experience with TASS for Punto, we rightaway rejected the Linea and zeroed in on the City though it is at least a lakh and a half over priced.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

@cliffhanger,

Thats too long a delay :cry: . Even mailing it to Fiat did not help ?

Somehow I've always found that if there is even a week's delay in any of the parts, I mail it to Fiat & in next 1-2 days max, the parts become available at TASS. Almost Always.

We've a few Linea members at Chennai who had actually given a few TASS like Concorde, VST etc some tough times for delay in parts - Bnzjon, Geeash, AKS-karthik from Chennai.
  4. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras

Vahan,

I'll briefly narrate the entire episode.

I got the car delivered with the garnishes broken. Since I took the delivery at night, I didn't notice it. The next day when I noticed it, I informed the Service Personal about it. He said the part will be ordered and will be fitted when the car comes for the first service.

Before giving the car for the first service I called them up to check whether the spares arrived. But to my surprise, none of them were aware that such parts were ordered. Since my car has already crossed 3k at that time, I didn't want to wait till the spares arrive so gave the car for the service. At this point I mailed Fiat. A few days later I got a call from the Service station. They informed that the spares have been ordered and I will be getting it once they receive the spares.

Months passed by, no calls from anyone whatsoever. Some mails to the higher officials and they went futile. Either I get a call stating that the order has been placed or that they send a different part than the one I ordered. At one point, I gave up and started living with it.

P.S: I've cut short the story just to make it brief. What you have read is just a gist, the entire trouble I faced is biggger.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

I can understand the "unquote" agony/ ordeal you would have gone thro' and do not want you to revisit the trouble. Particularly the irritation & the anger it gives while you're following up & still nothing is moving. Shall PM you to see what could be the solution.
  6. Re: "Krrr- Krr" sound in lower RPMs

Hi cliffhanger,
    I am giving you this no. of Mr.Pawan of Fiat Ranjangaon plant-9673335645.
    Contact him he will surely help you.Narrate the full incident to him and tell the name of the guy who looks after the spare parts of the TASS you visited and if possible give him the contact details of guy too.
  7. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)

did this help u cliffhanger? was it of any use? wanna know more abouth the follow up
  8. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)

do you hear this sound only on the move or when the car is not moving and engine is on and idling? what about on the move in neutral gear on a level road?
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Better esclate the same to Mangesh or some one at Fiat who would sort this issues early...
  10. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru

Hi Friends,
    Punto 1.2 Emotion.
    The Belt noise is haunting me from day one of taking the delivery too (bought from Concorde, Dairy Circle). Its a screeching noise and in my case it happens on Cold Start from 1000rpm till i up-shift. Idling doesn't have this noise.

Spoke to Nikhil (Salesguy) and Sandeep (Sales manager) and after a keeping the car there overnight, the corrected it. But just now coming to work and the issue is back. The same Screeching sound from the Belt (tensioner, i think) . It starts when revving the engine beyond 1000rpm. Its very annoying and definitely not normal.

Also after this repair, the screeching was resolved (temporarily), but the Indicator stalk is not Snapping back in the center position after completing a turn. I have tried all types of Turns ('U' Turn, 90` turn etc.) after engaging the Indicator but it doesn't Snap back.

This is very annoying and frustrating!! Should i escalate to another level (Any Contacts will be helpful)? Or should i try Prerana Motors or someone else!!

All suggestions welcome!

Regards,
    Punto-er