1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. download2live

download2live

Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Ok here is one from my side. There is this irritating sound, not noise as its not constant, which comes from the rear left had side.
    What is sound like?
    Think of a tin sheet. Large one. Try to make it stand vertical. As it waves in air a bit you hear that kind of sound which I hear. That's the best I can describe. Kind of rolling rumble.
    Still not clear? Let me try again. Think of the old school geometry box, the tin one by Camlin. Try to push its bottom a out. Then from other side push it in. It will come back to its shape with a pop. Something like that. But not as sharp. Much more dull.

When it comes:
    Any uneven patch of road.

A bit of history:
    This happened on Coorg trip. I went through a particularly bad patch of road. And then there was a sqeaking, loud squeaking sound from rear left side. Everyone heard it. I thought I will take it up with A.S.S, but the sound disappeared mysteriously by the time we came back to Bangalore. So left it at that.

Last time I took it to Concorde guys they took a full week to sort it out. They ripped the whole rear apart and test drove it god knows how many times. But to their credit they did not give up. Finally someone from FIAT Pune told then to look for something specific and they replaced rear suspension pad. Since then the sound almost disappeared. But it still was there if I took turns on an uneven road. Nobody noticed. Its not a loud. Only a true FIATian with his keen ears can mark it out.

There was first one year end servicing done recently and I told them about it. Seems they again did something with it. And now I feel that sound is back. Not so frequent or loud, but its there.
    I do not like A.S.S guys ripping the suspension apart looking for causes. So if there is someone who has faced this kind of sound, raise your hands. :)

I was reading through the pages on this thread. I will like to check if there is a play in the boot lid. It might be the cause. Any thing else I can check out before I give the car for a check up?
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Raising my hand. I ahd faced this issue in my Punto. The concorde guys replaced the Rear left swing arm under warranty. Issue was resolved. But now it has re-appeared and im ignoring it for the time being. the SA each and very Punto is having this issue after sometime

Also fixed the squeaks from the reading lamp. Took 2 pieces of paper and folded to some thickesss. Placed it between the wires and the upper body panel. Squeak is gone now.
  3. "Krrr- Krr" sound in lower RPMs

Update on my screeching noise issue: Seems to be finally resolved after they replaced the idler pulley and the alternator pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai

Do'h my linea is nw creating strange sound from right side rear quarter glass a.k.a. C-pillar!!...what should i do??? :anyone
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

2 years, over-37,000 kms and there is not a single Squeak or a Rattle in my Linea ::T

Check the rear seatbelt housing assembly, check the rear sun-shade curtain & check the boot also if any loose item stored.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai

well i hope that its nt C-piller. n yep i'll surely check out seatbelt assembly
  7. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi

hi guys...there is a small issue with my car..!!!!
    i drove my tjet after a few days and whenever i apply brakes there is a ghad ghad kind of sound(as if a rotating thing is stopping slowly)....its kinda weird coz the acceleration is normal and the ride is smooth but whenever i apply the brakes this sound is heard...
    so my question is that: did it happen to you guys,...should i go to the service centre....ive driven just about 300 odd kilometers.....
  8. Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

The sound may be coming from the struts. Suggest, you visit the TASS for support.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai

@amar_oct19, cant tell u what exactly wrong widout doin inspection bt as far as braking is concern u should show it to TASS...widout checking brakes its hard to tell but may be prob is due to some fault in rotors or break pad. u better check it out
  10. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

I am also getting same kind of noise.. i am not able to figure it out whether its front or rear. i hear that when front wheels are hitting the hump/speed breaker on the road. but yea before the rear tyre hit the hump/speed breaker.

Also, in idling situation, when i turn the steering to the right ...i can see some vibrations in the spring around the front right shocker..

plz suggest..