1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: "Krrr- Krr" sound in lower RPMs

the KRRR KRRR sound which you are referring to at low rpms in high gears ( this you will observe if u drop the rpms to 1000-1200 on say 3rd gear/2nd) is from the drive shafts.

there is no problem in the vehicle or the drive shaft. the drive shafts have ball joints in the end and they are designed to have a play so that they dont suddenly fail due to fatigue failure.

it causes Krrr krrrr sound just for a while, a very minor ones. its kind of resonating sound.

i can reproduce this in my alto, indica and even my brand new linea.
  2. aniket_magar_666

aniket_magar_666 Timido

Mumbai
    Noise from right rear wheel.

Hey guys its been a month now that 'm facing this problem, a peculiar noise is coming from the right rear wheel as if something is rubbing to the wheel or something with the brake god knows what is it?
    As i drive the car say about 4-5kms i can hear the noise coming after that it disappears, to be precise whenever i accelerate i hear it as soon as i move my leg from the pedal it disappears.
    At first i thought it might be because of the handbrake as most of the time my car is stand still, and because of which the brake must have got jammed, to check that i didn't applied the handbrake and kept my car on reverse gear when stand still, but the problem continues.
    Guys need help from you any idea what should i do, anyone who came across such a problem.
  3. steering wheel n more niggles in ma white beauty

jus got my linea last week, an emotion pk......a fe queries friends: 1.steering wheel turns a lot when i go thru bumps and uneven roads. is it normal? if no, solution please.
    2.door closes with a clatter
    3. drivers seat too low even in the highest position
    4. got petes engine tuning done. now runs 110 bhp. driving is very good but engine noise has gone up
    pleeease help me. say if its normal for linea or gotta get em corrected.
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Re: steering wheel n more niggles in ma white beauty

1. Linea steering is very sensitive and full of feedback. AFAIK, it is normal.
    2. No idea.
    3. If you find it low, you just have to get used to. Otherwise get the lever checked as in some cases the seat used to lower by itself.
    4. Engine noise will reduce considerably after 3k kilometers, more so after 5k.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Noise from right rear wheel.

Chk if the rear mud flaps are not scrapping down as thy r made of hard rubber thus sound s like metal if they scrap sown.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Mods Note - Thread Merged.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: steering wheel n more niggles in ma white beauty

You have installed Petes Tunning Box. The working of petes tunning box is as follows

1) It sends the false signal to ECU that injectors are getting low fuel

2) As per signal from tunning box,ECU gives command to injector to inject more fuel than standerd factory setting.

3) So if there is more fuel supply than standerd factory setting,obviously your car will run on rich mixture.

& because of rich mixuture,your MJD will give output of 110 BHP as well as more noise.

Remove the tunning box & take TD,you will definatly notice the lower NVH level.

You can't have both. I mean Power & low noise. ::D
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Clutch Pedal Squeek.

This problem is getting on my nerves offlate.Whenever i press and depress the clutch pedal there is an audible squeek coming, somethin like - kat kat katr krrrrrrrr but very soft sound to hear but audible when u shut the doors and roll down the windows.This problem was pointed out by (torque_tnd) at Fortune Sakinaka when our cars were there for the AC update and various other problems.This squeek is also present in torque's(punto 1.2) car and a fellow member Tron(linea mjd).This squeek was also there in Galaxy's TD car a MJD :A

The service center guys have admitted that this a a problem and will rectify it however they can.Thank god they didnt give any vague/weird answers for this.

So my humble request to all fellow members to check out the squeek and report to the service centers asap.It might be a manufacturing defect to which FIAT might replace faulty parts or whatever associated to it.

P.S : One more shocker.After my AC update done at Fortune Sakinaka last year the gas leaked out fully 3days back and the AC stopped cooling.It was rectified by galaxy and they diagnosed that there was a leak in one of the AC pipe.They said that Fortune guys had not fitted the pipes properly which resulted in the gas leak.So all u guys just inform ur respective service center to do the fitting properly and also check for leaks after the complete update.Fortune guys didnt even fit the bumper properly :A

TASS TASS :A :A
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

@Bhai,

I am using a diesel express tuning box and also a fuel magnetizer for the fuel line. I dont find any increase in noise. The engine response is excellent and I am enjoying the driving thoroughly. Power is simply available on tap. I tried driving at normal factory settings when i did my 30000km service. I found it very difficult to drive after i got used to the tuning box. The trick is to use the power gently in the lower gears and you will find less smoke and in the higher gears it simply zooms. You dont have to buy a 90HP at all. Total expense would come to 7000 + 700= 7700 and you have a very powerful car. :dancing Our member Anantint is also using the same box. I get an FE around 16 in Chennai city. :dance

Abdul
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Clutch Pedal Squeek.

I was also facing this problem . But after some time noise disappeared.
    This may due to faulty Clutch Master Cylinder