1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

The sound may be a faulty Water (Coolent) Pump. Pour some water through the hole of Water pump.
    If noise disappears for some seconds & reappears,then 100 % problem is in Water Pump.
  2. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Re: HUMMING IN CABIN

Hello ! karan . there is not any update. to day i am called works manager for the parts( bearing), he ask me that parts will dispatch today from company and will receive after 3-4 days. There after they will call me. i am wait for it. ::pP

hiren
  3. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar

I have received call form TASS"s spare parts, the person ask me "while bearing of your car punto was received you may come any time for replace it" ::O . i will go tomorrow morning for it. :clapping

update result here there after.

hiren
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

thats good news for you. do keep us updated. i also have a rajkot visit pending, hope i also find a solution.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

My GP has done 9K Kms and I hear some kind of spring noise kind of squeaks from the rear seats over bad patches of road. When I press the rear seat hard I can hear the squeaks as well, anyone had similar problem.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Teky it's easy to fix them.
    When you open the lower part of seat you will see black plastic legs on several locations rotate them a little and fix the seat again properly making sure seat bely buckle don't get in way of seat.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Thanks Vijay, but how do you open the lower part of the seat? Is that mentioned in the owners manual.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Just pull it towards yourself it will open

052.jpg
  9. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar

Yesterday morning at 10 .00 I was sent car in TASS. I have wish that personally want to go and look, but I have to go urgent outstation. So driver was go. The workshop manager ask car will ready at 4 pm. so come there after and pick it.

At 3.30 pm when I was came back to jamnagar TASS'S service masg. was came on my cell that your car was ready for deleivery , just I call to driver for pick the car, he was already there and tell that he pick it, also he was get trial of it and ask car was ok. :clap

They has not a charge single rupee for that. In evening I get trial and I am feel very nice. :dance
    Car run is so smother without any humming or noise. I am just try it on around 50/60 kmph. I will try tomorrow on highway in more speed.

hiren
  10. Re: "Krrr- Krr" sound in lower RPMs

@Punto-er: I'm having the noise problem as you. It started on the day after I took delivery from Concorde, Dairy Circle. It starts around 1100 rpm as pulses of the screeching sound that increases in frequency with increase in rpm and at around 1700 rpm becomes a continuous screech. Left the car overnight at Concorde. They replaced the fan belt and the car was noise-free for about 2 days. After that it started again. But now it only happens when the engine has not run for a few hours. Not just in the morning when it's cold, it's there even if the car is started after parking in the afternoon sun for a few hours. But it disappears after about 15-20 minutes of driving. So now I can't even take it to the workshop and show it to them. It's really embarrassing to drive those first 15-20 minutes. :sad1

Punto-er: Has your issue been resolved since then? If so, I would like to know what was finally done. I don't want the TASS guys to go on a trial-and-error run.