1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Get it checked thoroughly on a car post lift. Ask to check all the joints and links just to rule out any major issue for future.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Also check the oil level for the steering wheel and confirm if the levels are not too low.
  3. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks! I plan to go on Monday to have this checked.
  4. harry2

harry2 Timido

trivandrum
    Dear Friends,
    I have a Linea Diesel car which is in extended warranty, i took it to the trivandrum dealer for issues stated below,
    1. Glow Plug failure.
    2. Door wiring kit issue.(Wire broken)
    3. Power window winder issue.(Winder need to be replaced)
    4. Rear shock having sound.(need to replace the rear shock)
    5. Rear door lock not opening from inside.

All these are claimable under extended warranty, but Fiat needs 5 days to process and confirm the claim. I am really shocked to hear this from the FASS. So I called Fiat CS and asked about it they also said the same.
    My question is if my vehicle is in extended warranty why we need to wait 5 days for approval. Why cant FIAT approve the claim by simply checking the extended warranty status. Why the customers have to pay for the items and later they will reimburse the amount once FIAT approves it. Is this some sort of Insurance Claim??. My previous car was from TATA and during extended warranty they did not had a process like this. All issues were free of cost and approved at the same time. I am unaware about other manufactures. Friends do share you experiences. I am totally unsatisfied by this act of FIAT.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @harry2, yes extended warranty is handled by another company. Usually a logo of the company handling extended warranty is printed on ownership booklet EW leafs/covers. Fiat needs to verify your past car service records and submit to that company, if you have got the servicing done on time. In most cases if everything is OK from customer end, the claim is OKed by the EW company.
  6. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    I went to have my steering checked and one item suggested was to get the wheel alignment checked. Oil levels look good and it is at maximum.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    1. Rattle from the left side of the dashboard
    2. Heavy rattles whenever AC is switched to the Fresh Air mode
    3. Rattles from the boot. Boot trim seems to have gone loose, with broken plastic bolts.
    4. Infuriating creaking noises from the area near the the glove box, happens even on idle.
    5. Creaking noises from the suspension
    6. Mysterious noises from the underside when driven on bad roads :confused:
  8. nand_nanda

nand_nanda Timido

Hi All,

Need some suggestions.. For the past 1 month or so I was hearing belt sound inside the cabin and I can feel slight vibration in my steering wheel as well. This happens after driving for 1km or so which can be easily felt when driven on good tarmac.. Not sure if the noise is because of the timing chain.. :( Last time I took my car to KHT they said they have sprayed a rubber spray on the belt and it is fine now, but the problem started again. I did not find any sound when the car is idle.. Planning to take to svc again tomorrow. My car has done 21k so far..:(

Any suggestions on what needs to be checked will be helpful for me.

-Nanda
  9. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    In the end, it looks like it was a wheel alignment issue. I had that done and haven't had that issue as yet. The steering feels nice and heavy. I'm just back from a trip and the car was well-behaved throughout.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi All,
    I am facing strange issue in my car,whenever I slow down or starts moving slowly, the sound I can hear is like "krr krr" and it happens when it is very slow and disappear once it crosses above 10kmph.
    I have observed this sound from past 10 days(don't know whether it was there earlier) and one can hear if it is very quiet environment.
    This sound comes irrespective of moving straight or in turning(also observed while moving left or right in parking lot).
    Please confirm is it normal or ASS visit is required.