1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No I don't know how, I have my blades changed just 2 months ago and it wobbles like it's been used for over a decade.
    It was a fresh piece June'14 manufactured hardly stored for few days, I am living with it but is there a solution, I have tried with Bosch Aero blades on my Palio, they don't wobble but it leaves a like which is a little irritating. Wipe quality what the OEM gives is brillant.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Anup - You also just try once the "nuskha" I suggested in previous post.:D Zero cost, no extra efforts
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think what you need is a thorough wash of the windshield. Lots of dirt gets accumulated on the windshield when driving in a city like Bangalore.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hahaha, LoL, yes I guess I should try that now.
  5. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Saw this now only. This "sleeve" practice is not at all recommended by FIAT as I had confirmed with one service manager in FASS. Ask KHT to replace the suspension if necessary - tell them that you will escalate the complaint to FIAT - especially since your car is relatively new.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

During last weekend trip me and all passengers in the car noticed this mild yet noticeable squeaking sound when the car is above 50 speed and the Left ORVM is open.
    We even tested with Left ORVM closed or keeping the hand between the Left ORVM and body and the sound stops instantly.
    The same is not heard or audible from the Right ORVM no matter what ever speed i am in and the position of the Right ORVM.
    So what could be the problem?
  7. varunahir

varunahir Timido

pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everybody,

I own a 2014 red Fiat Punto 90 hp Sport. It has been a lovely car past 4,000 kms and I love every single km I spend with it.

Recently I had a trip to Lavas where I had a blast drivng thru the corners, It was so much fun but, I noticed some squeaking sound coming from under the driver's seat and the roof.

soon i went to the Fiat service at bavdhan to explain them my problem but they couldn't rectify either of the two problem areas. Now the sound has increased and I hear them everytime I go over a speed breaker or take a turn at speed.

Need your guys input on this.

Regards,
    Varun
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Had been hearing a noise from the rear when going over rough roads, though the rear bench must have come loose. But after negating a lot of items, the final blame came on the safety triangle. Although nestled quite cosily in the space between the rear bench and the spare tyre fitment, it was indeed making noise as it was the only loose item in the boot. Any means of strapping this? Or any other suitable spot where I can keep it fixed?
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If it is a punto, there is a strap available in the boot to hold the tooolkits. Try to fasten the triangle there itself.
    ghodlur likes this.
  10. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    I have a peculiar issue of late. My steering wheel starts to get lighter around the 80 kmph mark. There is a little bit of play in it too. It doesn't have the nice heavy feel any more. There isn't any issue with responsiveness or with the function itself. However, it does feel a little unsettling sometimes. Is there something that I need to get checked up?