1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Kedar

Kedar

Mumbai
    Hi all,
    I have had a peculiar wiper issue. Yesterday morning when I drove to my company they were working fine, no wobble or any noticeable noise. But in the evening when I was headed home and it started to drizzle, my wipers would not move at all. Checked all the fuses, even got the relay replaced. But the wipers still don't work.
    The mechanic got the wiper motor out and tested it, works fine standalone. tested the cable harness but no breakage. But the entire assembly doesn't work :(
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome Kedar!!
    Take it too FASS and get it checked there would be my suggestion.(If not yet)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Iyu

Iyu Timido

bangalore
    I too had faced the wobbling issue, the FAS advised wiper blade replacement, but the same wiper blade worked Perfectly fine on another car. The issue was solved by removing the wiper arm from the mounting nut & den re-assembling it. By doing this the juddering issue was solved.
    The slight wobble at the end of the wiper blade is a persistent issue with most fiat cars, I have checked it on more than 10 cars at a FAS.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok . looks like everyone here is facing the wobbling wiper issue. Let me try the toothpaste cleaning then.

Kedar: could be a weak motor. Is the blade trying to move when you switch it on. I.e. are they jerking?
  5. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Yes slight wobble in RHS Wiper is common across many FIAT cars. Mine was shuddering like hell. Showed it to Sky moto and got it replaced. Now its inline with other FIAT cars.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    in my car the wipers work perfectly for about half n hour after that i am experiencing shuddering in passenger side wiper when it complete the wipe and twisted the wiper little bit but not able to stop shuddering completely.
  7. Kedar

Kedar

Mumbai
    Hi all,
    Got it to the Fiat service station and got the car checked and it seems that the new relay which my mechanic had installed did not pick either.
    Got a new relay installed from Service center, took the old "new" relay back to the mechanic and got my money back.
    (Pays to have the same small time mechanic for 8 years).
    Now the whole thing is working fine. thanks
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not normal. Its due to the activation of the magnetic clutch. But better show it to your service guys and get a feedback.

http://teamfiat.com/threads/new-issue-in-my-linea-ac-fuel-indicator.13019/

Check point no 2 in the attached link. I was having the same problem for a very long time and now I am having Vibration issues when AC is switched on.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Try another simple "nuskha". Try cleaning your windshield with sliced Potato :D
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The toothpaste trick worked for a couple of heavy rains but is back to the wobbling wiper again now. Let me try the potato trick this time around. :arghh: