1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: Incabin Noise in Linea

I dnt say nything bout ur MJD. Even the almighty would be fearfull commenting on ur MJD.

Today ur saying its sooth, yesterday it wasnt, day before somehting else,the day before that something else.

I was only trying to answer the original question, not nything else (speculation) started in between.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

sudhan, there will certainly be more noise after you cross 100-110 kmph speed.
    But MJD will be more refined with more running on different intervals.

Absolutely.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

:hijacked Let me ask something now that we are talking about speeds >100kmph. Today, I completed 3000km and incidentally, today i drove at speed of around 105kmph and then once I drove at ~3000rpm in 4th gear.
    I noticed that the accelerator pedal tends to get a bit of vibrations at those rpm. Is that normal?
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I never tried 3K rpm in 4th gear. Will try, if i get some empty road and will update.
    BTW, this is good point, once in while it is good to take the rpm to 3K+ to free-up MJD engine.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I never been experienced this type of situation.So I will have to think on it. ::pP
  6. Re: Incabin Noise in Linea

Last Week, I travelled from Chennai to Coimbatore and from there I went to Tiruchendur and back to Chennai. On returning back, I crossed 120kmph, and many times I maintained at 100kmh. Now i feel a bit of smoothness at 100 than the earlier. As Ravi told, I believe smoothness will come over a period of time.
  7. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    HUMMING IN CABIN

I have punto MJD emo. pack. it was run 11500 km. in 9 months.

problem was there is much humming in cabin awhile increasing in speed beyond 40-50 kmph. Hear in jamnagar TASS i have check up it, the mechanic ask that problem in rear while bearing. They have to replace it but the bearings are not available with them because fiat punto have diffract parts from tata car, so he will manage and get it from there zonal parts depot. They ask it will come in a week , there after we will replace it.

Now i have to wait for it.

Is it a known problem of this car ??

hiren
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Mods Note - Threads merged.

Guys please avoid creating a new thread for every small niggles or other issues. There are plenty of such threads. Continue discussion there. You might find the answers there.
    Again, please use search before creating any new thread.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Help Needed : My car 1.4 EmPk Petrol Punto, has done some 700 Kms....Today I observed a strange whining noise from the front passenger side of the engine.

The sound reciprocates according to acceleration exactly Its like small motor sound which acts as per acceleration.

The more accelerator I press, the more the whining noise (as though an increase in motor RPM) and as I release the accelerator the whining sound (motor RPM) comes down.

During Idling also I can hear very mild noise for sure.

I switched off the music system thinking that some loose grounding could be leading for speakers to pick up the engine rotation sound or something... but the noise didnt go off...

Took on a very very quite road.. only my vehicle on the road the sound was evident...

I opened the bonnet to see what could be causing this... I didnt see any rotation part there... just a battery & Fuse Box.

Please can someone explain if this is a "Known Issue" or someone has experienced this kind of issue ?

Today it was a off for TASS and hence couldnt get it checked

Please Help !!
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: HUMMING IN CABIN

hi hiren i am from morbi and get my car serviced at rajkot. i also have the same problem. the humming is terrible at speeds of 80-100. and the noise is so distinct on 40kmph to be exact when you are cruising. but SC could not identify the problem(or may be they are avoiding). i am damn sure bearings are the culprit. did you get it done? some update on it pls.