1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It completely depends on how much are the disks worn. Machining should do the job if they have enough life left and machining it once is recommended. Make sure to change the pads else the machining work too won't do any good.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Are you driving a tjet? If not the price of the rotors is no where close to 5000. Please check the price. Should be 2000 for a set. Intact the pads will cost over 3000 if yours is the newer model.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  4. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I just called FASS (Ankitha Motors) in Hyderabad, you are right about the rotors but they are charging Rs.3300 for the pads alone, was not expecting pads to be costlier than rotors. Total will be 2600 for rotors + 3300 for the pads and 600 labor charges, Rs.6500 for the whole job..
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The Brake pad pricing is the most discussed topic on TFI, there are several threads discussing the same. Most people have acknowledged that aftermarket Pads (priced lower than the OEM ones) were not able to offer the same level of braking as the OEM pads.

They are expensive, they wear out relatively fast, but they offer the best in class braking.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Price of the rotors for mjd is about 2300 for a pair and the pads cost 2800 or something like that depending on your model.i recently picked up both and the total coat was some 5k

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
  7. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    'Clunk' sound while switching on the AC.

This has been happening lately. When I switch on the AC I hear a distinct 'clunk' sound coming in from the front (engine compartment) and it happens only the first time:confused1 Has anybody here experienced the same problem? Should I get my car checked at the Service Center? I have driven only 1950 Kms and got my 1st Service done last month.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think this is normal, specially if you switch on when car is moving.
    If AC is working fine, I say, nothing to worry.
  9. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Ravi, thanks for the prompt reply. I was a little apprehensive because I was thinking it might lead to some other issue. And, the sound wasn't there earlier.
  10. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

kalpakkam
    air/noise entry ...

Dear Friends/Fiatians
    im a user of fiat punto....who wish to get comments/clarifications for the querry below
    when driving the car 80+ in highways, i feel air entry through the right OVRM making the driving not a pleasant one
    (when the mirror was folded,noise is more)
    how to minimise this noise(not the speed)
    pls help me