1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

Grande Punto 1.3
    Engine Guard is strong metal component. Mechanics will bend it towards downwards. I think there will be no additional cost incur..it is part of service job.
    1 person likes this.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Dont delay in my case it was rack noise.If your car in warranty get it chkd asap.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. bins

bins Amatore

Just the right thing that was disturbing me. I get a knocking( a kind of tappet knock) noise in the range just off 2k rpm to 2400rpm in all gears except 1 st gear. This noise was there right from the day 1. But it has become a little bit intrusive now. It has run 37k now. I visited all three ASS available here in Bangalore. One ASS cannot figure out anything wrong.
    One ASS says it will go with the timing belt change at 60k and not to worry about it. The other ASS said there is a knocking noise but it isn't a problem to worry. He said this after checking if my car was still in warranty(It was in warranty then).
    I checked with a local mechanic and he could defenitely figure out the noise and guesses if it is of a clogged injector.
    But I dont feel any loss in power or mileage. Infact the pickup is a little better than other Lineas I have driven.
  4. Loud AC/Engine noise during summer or hot afternoon

I have noticed that the AC/engine sound is very loud especially during summer season or during hot afternoon. I had observed similar noise last year during summer. Is it normal? The noise is loud and audible from a distance.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Absolutely normal. Tt is from the AC/Radiator FAN. When more cooling is required (summers) the Fan rotates faster.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Noise is specific combustion noise. This type of specific combustion noise is normal.
    By mistake some people call it knocking. Knocking & combustion noise these 2 terms are different.

This type of combustion noise increases when too much bad quality fuel is there.

Some time complete silent MJD (Without diesel clatter) is found when famous problem is there.
    I mean problem of 'poor performance but no ECU error'.:A
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

The thread is little old, but Im posting as an info. Ive faced the same issue. And the reason for my car was the breakage of turbo hose. Replaced it & the problem got solved :)
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Don't worry. It seems to be a feature of all FIAT cars in India.

My TJet sounds like a jet [no pun intended !]
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Why are we standardizing all sounds of one kind? Italia may be referring to Turbo whinning sound where Pemmesag is referring to a completely different kind of sound.. (trrrrr). There is no Trrrr... sound I am aware of in 90 hp, he should get it checked. Especially when he has already stated that he didn't find same sound in other Punto.
  10. bins

bins Amatore

Any explanation why it is audible only in 2000 to 2400rpm range?