1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Nitin Bhai, you gave another perspective to this wobble issue and thanks for taking time to pen this up for us. Cheers !
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I have changed the alloy wheels to OEs and have bought new tyres but still the problem persists. The SA at FASS inspected the front disc and claimed that since that since there is a 'groove' formation on the plate, the abs is functioning incorrectly. Is this a possible explanation?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  3. arun.k14

arun.k14

bangalore
    Strange Vibration Noise In Linea Tjet 2013

Hi,
    I had bought a Linea Tjet in Nov 2013.I had my first service three weeks ago at 3500 KMS. I faced no issues. However yesterday I went on a long drive from Chennai to Madurai .I am facing a peculiar issue that there is a strange vibrating noise coming from engine especially at 2nd and 3rd gear. The feeling is as if like we get it from a two wheeler when we start the engine with choke on and the acceleration happens without being acceleration .

I went to the Fiat Madurai service centre, they gave a very patient hearing and did the test ride themselves( Luckily it happened to be fiat service camp today :). But they say that this a known problem in Tjet .

I would like top know if this is a issue or should i visit the FIAT service centre again .Please help with your suggestions

Regards,
    Arun
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  4. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    I hope it isn't a bent/loose engine guard?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    From last three days, I am hearing strange noise in my Car and it is coming from under the hood. Sound feels like some stone stuck on the engine guard plate, but could not fine any.

My service is due planning to wait until that time.

I never heard of any noise in my CAR since last three years of ownership
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    There has been a niggling squeak from the left co driver seat.
    I ve told the SA also during the last service about this issue and though he said its resolved its always there.
    Has somebody tried removing the front seat and done anything for a squeaking noise?
    I am planning to remove the seat myself as a DIY.
  7. openguru

openguru Timido

Bangalore
    I got one of my Good Year GT3 replaced under warranty for wobbling issue. However, now the wobbling issue has come back again.
  8. Satish Devan

Satish Devan Timido

Bangalore
    metal rubbing/scraping noise

Hello all,

My punto 1.3 has now run about 51K. It was last serviced at 38k. From past 1k run, I've noticed some strange noise while accelerating during 1st and 2nd gear. its like some kind of metal scrapping/running. Its not too loud but surely looks like its scrapping at something. occurs every time. Occur only after say 1500RPM and only at 1st and 2nd gear. No noise at any other gear. Gear box as smooth as ever and no problem with the clutch as well. Any thoughts?
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check the Engine Guard. It would be bent inside.
  10. Satish Devan

Satish Devan Timido

Bangalore
    **Thanks for your Reply Shashank. I am giving it for servicing this month end. Hope it'll not put a hole in my pocket.