1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same kind of problem for my engine cover vibration.
    varin,did you got resolved with the problem ?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if i order these parts, will the engine cover vibrations goes off ?
    only the Brakets and other Fitting components.

Engine_Cover_Accessories.jpg
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Just change the elastic pad it would take care of noise that cover produces in certain conditions.
    If the rubber pads of the pins are also damaged you would have to change the complete air filter assembly as Pins don't come with those rubber pads.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Vijay,
    Will do that in first instance.
  5. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Hi puntophile, I have the same rear left rattle you are talking about with same symtoms. My Punto is 45 days old. I read earlier in this post about using insulation tape over the rear seat locks. I am going to try that. Hope we find some medicine soon :) I have stitched seat covers and for the install of seat covers, seats where removed and fixed. But the problem started after 25 days post seat cover install. Not sure what is the root cause though.
  6. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Whenever I hit a deep pit hole, there is clank sound; like metal hitting metal. Is this normal. It doesn't happen in all pot holes.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  7. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I used to get similar sound when I am driving out of apartment. There is a ramp at exit gate and one need to turn right immediately. I used to always get similar metal sound. But KHT guys checked the vehicle and they fixed the issue related to shock absorber. Sound disappeared after that. May be it could be similar what your are facing.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Well I owe everyone an update here after been away from the forum for so long. The issue was resolved in August 2013 itself; but here's how the story unfolded.

I went to Kashyap Noida and they did balancing of all tyres again and inspected the rims carefully. Moved a "suspicious" rim (as per them; I or my tyre shop couldn't find any issue with the rims) to the boot and put the spare rim in its place. The wobbling reduced but still persisted at high speeds (over 90 kmph). Was told by Kashyap to contact Goodyear as it may be a tyre issue. Gave Goodyear a call and they promptly setup an appointment for a technician to visit me after 3-4 days. The visit never materialized though as both of us kept missing each other due to scheduling conflicts.

Then the next weekend, I took the Jet to my known tyre shop and they took out all four tyres to inspect and found a number of nails lodged in the 3 of the 4 tyres. The front ones had 2 and 1 respectively; but no air leakage from anywhere. They carefully picked out these nails or fragments and thoroughly checked the tyres for any air leakage. Did plug one spot with a puncture strip just to be safe, but no more. Also checked balancing and made minor adjustments. Topped up the air and off I went for a quick spin. It was hard to find a road to gun the Jet to test wobbling at high speeds, so returned home and waited for the next morning to trial the same.

Next morning's drive turned out to be a bliss and there was no steering wobble whatsoever inspite of reaching triple digit speeds. I was cursing myself for not having the sense to check something like this earlier. Have been a happy chappy ever since and touchwood, the Jet's been munching miles happily.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Saurabh2177

Saurabh2177 Novizio

Kanpur,U.P.
    i have been facing the same problem the steering wheel shakes/vibrates on speeds at 30-40 km ,i got it aligned and balanced twice at two different shops,at CEAT tyres & a newly opened MRF shope but with no results.
    on complaining again at MRF shope as it is owned by one of my neighbors,they checked it again and his technician gave the same reply that these tyres from goodyear are no good and one might have swelled up.
    and then he interchanged one set of tyres(cross) from front to back,since then vibration has reduced drastically but it is still there.
    they are suggesting to use the tyre for six more months so that it is more worn out then complain to company for change

fellows what should i do and what is the period of warranty of these tyres .
  10. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

Raise a claim under warranty on the website or over the call

Get those tyres changed , I got mine also changed and it worked well for me and no more vibrations

Its 5 yrs of warranty for GT 3
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014