1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    As rightly quoted above, the compressor seems off (either you mistakenly switched off/its malfunctioning). Try touching big round button on the right of ACC and look for sun like icon on the left of the ACC display.
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I tried these, and it didn't seem to stop the blinking display. I think something is wrong with the compressor setting. This started happening after the Fiat service folks fixed an issue with my intercooler hoses. guess, something is messed up with the AC Compressor connections now. btw, I don't see any issue with the cooling effect, which means, the compressor should be working. thanks for your responses, and i will keep you posted if I hear any updates from the Service guys. Will be calling them today or tomorrow.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I have observed the blinking of the temperature readings on the ACC display whenever I switch from the Auto mode (Full Auto) to manual (Auto) cooling mode. However this blinking lasts only for a few seconds after which it becomes steady.

Is the blinking in your case continous? If you are feeling the coolness inside the cabin, then the compressor for sure must be working.
  4. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Re: AC Temperature blinking in Punto MJD

Is this true in the case of non-automatic ac cars? The led insert in the ac knob of my car often blinks (sort of like a loose connection) before stabilising. The cooling effect (driver side) can be called adequate at best, though front passengers often complain that they are half frozen!
    Ps- I recently had the ac gas filled up, ac wasn't working at all before the filling.
    P-ps- @Narayan, sorry for hijacking your thread. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    I'm reviving this thread as I found the title appropriate to post any brakes related query.
    The problem I'm facing usually happens at very low speeds and when the brake pedal is slightly pressed. There is a KRR-KRRR crunching kind of sound and I can sense some movement in the brake pedal too (slight upward push). I can feel the brakes engage-disengage-engage rapidly (car slows down, sort of jerks and moves comparatively a little bit faster, again slows down). I've had the pads replaced, but still the problem persists.
    Any idea how to 'Stop' this issue? ;)
  6. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
  7. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for sharing the link! I'll have the system inspected. But how successful the FASS people will be at resolving the problem is another matter. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    No issues sine04.
    @godhlur - the blinking I face is constant and doesn't stop.

When checked with fiat SS (Ramkay), they claim,that the entire unit should be changed at a cost of RS. 19000 + labour !

I asked for extended warranty and looks like fiat has now responded that they have rejected the claim stating this part is not covered!

I don't know how I could prove that this started happening only after their service on inyercooler and turbo hoses.

Thanks
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Ask them to connect to Denso Climate Control ECU and check the error code. Have they checked cooling fan connection on radiator they could have removed and later forgot to fit them while working on turbo hoses. Fan have 2 connections one for AC and another for radiator/engine cooling.
    2 people like this.
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks Vijay. Will get that checked with them.

Thanks