1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are you sure it's from under body and not from suspensions? Before visiting FASS, give your car a good under body pressure wash. At times, dust and slush in the suspensions do cause noise. This was the case with my Punto after first long drive. Noise disappeared after few days.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Sometimes such sound in the car can be deceiving and will sound differently, in my GP The sun visor was out of its place, not firmly fixed in its slot, to figure this out it took some 2 hours and TASS technician was trying to fiddle with glove box alignment etc..

so I suggest you get a passenger to identify it and zero in on the cause whilst driving if its inside the cabin or outside.
    punto11 and PatchyBoy like this.
  3. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks punto_emotion and Cubbie

Yes, the sound is certainly deceiving. I cant really make out where it is exactly coming from but am sure that it does it when the car bumps over one of the left tyres [probably rear left]. Another thing I noticed was that the intensity of noise is always constant weather I roll up/down the windows. Makes me think, is in from inside the cabin?

Today, we had our morning's round to the school with both my kids sitting at the back and even they could not point the exact origin of the sound. My solo drive later was no different.

Im planning to go to the service centre day after tomorrow [wish I can make it earlier than that]. Will see how it goes.

Asif
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Couple of guesses from my side:
    1. C-pillar plastic might be loose. ask a rear passenger to keep it pushed against c-pillar when you are driving to check if it is the culprit.
    2. Some screw might be loose in the exhaust. this can be checked by mechanic only.

Both these have happened in my car, second one not being so common. had mentioned about this here: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-c...usive-kht-motors-bangalore-57.html#post177976
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  5. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks Shams, will ask my wife to look at the C-Pillar tomorrow morning when the car is in motion. If not, better to take it up with the mechanic.
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    AC Temperature blinking in Punto MJD

Starting yesterday, the AC temperature display in the climate control of my Punto has been blinking. There is no issue in the cooling or operations, but Im wondering what is the system trying to communicate with this phenomenon? Has anyone experienced any similar issue before? Anything that needs to be verified? Any help will be very useful.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Some error in electronic mixing flaps. Get it checked at ASS
    1 person likes this.
  8. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Hey guys. Happy to say that my issue has been resolved.

I had a call from the FIAT workshop a few days back. They said that they will be sending people [booking was scheduled for today] for general features demo and explainations on service interval [part of something they call FIAT AMICO]. I had spoken to them about the sound and they promised they would look at it.

According to them, there are a few similar complaints on the new Punto and a link rod replacement has fixed it for previous customers. They brought a spare link rod in case mine was faulty. My front left tyre was removed and the link rod [along with a couple of bits around it] were tightly fitted. The test drive after that showed no signs of noise so obviously something was loose. There was no need for a link rod replacement too, as mine was fine.

They then showed me the features [what all the lights on the dash meant etc, which my showroom SA had also showed during the delivery], explained the service intervals and what will be done during each service and a list of phone numbers of people I can contact in their Turbhe's workshop [the official FIAT workshop here in Navi Mumbai]. Overall, the session wasn't something out of the box, but a good initiative from FIAT. We know the FIAT service reputation hasn't been great until recently [specially when they were with TATA], but I can see that they are working on getting better.
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    thanks for the response Vijay. Can you pls clarify what you mean by mixing flaps? This has started happening after I got my car back for a service need for replacing the turbo hoses and servicing the turbo unit itself.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The blinking happens when the ACC unit feels that it cannot attain the temperature set.

Check if your compressor in on.