1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    I have not received any response regarding the update on the spare. When I called Vecto, I was told that the SA is on leave today and there is no update. I was surprised to hear it. If an SA is on leave then somebody should know what is happening. If the SA is on leave for a week then how does this work?
    Is this how Vecto works? I am very much surprised
  2. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Been waiting and thanks for the reply .. have seen your link will try it and let you know if it worked .

- - - Merged Post - - -

Been waiting and thanks for the reply .. have seen your link will try it and let you know if it worked .
  3. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Its been one week since my car is waiting at Vecto. They have received the power steering pump and told that they will take one day for the installation. I received a call yesterday when they told me that a wrong part has been shipped and they are not able to assemble the pump. I was shocked:confused:
    When I asked him how can there be two part numbers for the same pump, I got the response that since this is a 90 hp, the part number may be different:eek:
    This is the pump for power steering oil.... How does this affect if it is 75 hp or 90 hp??????????
    Guys, any suggestions????
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Once again you guys have helped me to reduce my panic. On Sunday i noticed that the noise from the engine bay increased a lot. For some months now i feel that my AC is under performing. So, i switched off the AC and after some seconds i could only hear the sweet noise of the MJD :-D. Again switched on the AC and the noise started. Thought of AC fan might the problem as it was running in full, reduced it to minimum but there is no change in the noise. Will go home in the evening and again listen to the sound with different fan speeds. If possible will post a video tomorrow.
  5. shivkar77

shivkar77

Chennai
    Hi All,
    i recently had strange problem in my Punto 90 hp 2011 model. it 47500kms done. recently while driving on the highway with 4 people on board including me i had a strange tak tak noise coming from the front wheel. this sound comes once i cross 80-90kmph. but this sound does not come every time. Any idea what would be the problem??
    punto11 likes this.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Check if there are any pebbles stuck into tread of tire.
  7. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Sound from my Punto after the first long drive.

Hey guys,

I had my first weekend out trip on my new Punto ... went to MorachiChincholi/Nighoj. The roads were largely fine all through except for a few small stretches in between [where I had tried to keep her as slow/smooth as possible]. Now since morning, Im getting some noise [somewhere from below the body] when the car goes through small bumps or slightly rough roads in my area. The sound is something similar to "dug-dug" and its slightly tough to point exactly where it is coming from [my best guess is its somewhere below the body]. I have looked and there is nothing different below. There is nothing lying around the dashboard/glovebox/boot which might be hitting something during the bumps.

Is there something to be concerned of?

Asif
  8. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    It will better to take the car to the service center and ask them to have a look at it.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Get engine guard checked.
  10. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks aruncep and varin11. Will check it out.
    Unfortunately, got urgent office work so will not be able to make time for service centre for another 2 days. Hopefully I will visit soon.