1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    The vibrations haven't gone away but what I have noticed is that it becomes considerably higher on specific roads. Diagnosis is pending for when I take the Jet for the second service when I am back in early August.

Will try this as well as swapping tyres and rims from a TD car (of course after eliminating the possibility that it doesn't have the same issue existing). Due for when I take the Jet for second service.

Well that's a happy ending! BTW, my Punto has never had this issue and it is now over 4 years and 70k kms old. Where did you get the balancing done in Delhi?
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I feel wobble,body roll, and vibrations at low speed (less than 30kmph)what could be the reason.Both front and rear shockers and brake disc, brake pads r new, elastic pads r also fine fine inspected in FASS.The mechanic at FASS pointed at bend FR rim but the SA said its ok and so did the my alignment guy.My car has done 73500 Kms and tyres are 33500 Kms old.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  3. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I got the balancing done at Gurgaon , a tyre shop near Guru Dronacharya Metro . Earlier I had balancing done 4 times at Haryana Wheels , Faridabad but the wobbling persisted after having tires balanced every time there .

- - - Merged Post - - -

The steering vibrations at low speed are most probably the case of bent rims or uneven tire wear . Which brand tire your car dons ?
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Its bridgestone potenza and has done around 34000 Kms
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok looks like the wobble issue might be resolved . Today i spent a good amount of time understanding why even after having hub rings there was wobble. And after speaking to Rajan(Thanks Rajan) and spending a good 4 hrs walking from one end of JC road to the other I finally decided to stop and open it myself to see what's what.
    Reached A1 Car care by 12 and asked him to remove the wheels and when i saw it i was :shocked .

The hub rings had quite a bit of play and just didn't sit properly over the alloy, it sat just fine on the wheel though.
    I didn't understand this logic at all but the only thing i remember was the first time i got it fit it was not 100% match , my only guess is this was acting up after repeated balancing / rotations .
    So this time i asked them to take the whole alloy itself and get a ring done which is a 100% fit.
    After 1 hr the guy comes back with a ring that was a perfect match both the ID and the OD fine.

However something i noticed.
    hub.jpg

This was the state when the rings were removed and you can see rust . This seems to be an immenent problem now that i'm using Al . I had a very hard time removing the rings from the wheel hubs. tried oil/WD40 and what not somehow it came out in the end.

Now that i'm using these same Al rings again i'm quite sure this will pop up again. Now though its going to be even more difficult to remove considering the fit is more precise than the last set of rings.
    What do i do now?

PS :: I'm yet to test out the new changes. Probably will do it tomorrow and update.
    My gut feeling says that the problem is resolved though, lets see
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You are welcome buddy. Glad to be of assistance.

There may still be time. Open the wheel, pull out the spigot ring, apply a thin layer of anti-seize paste to all the contact surfaces of the hub, spigot ring and the alloy wheel and put it back together. It will be fine and will be easy to remove, when you need to.

Also, looking at your picture, it appears that the spigot ring was mounted to the hub and not inside the alloy. It should be a slip fit on the hub and a push fit on the alloy. That will ensure that the spigot ring remains attached to the alooy and gets rotated, when you do wheel rotation.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    looks like its been that way now.
    Lets see . Thanks for your help
  8. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    I have similar issue and mine is relatively new Linea, 7500 kms till now

I had got balancing done twice but didn't help much, So I had raised a complained to GoodYear tyre helpline

The engineer called and came for inspection and after testing and again getting balancing done in front of him, tried and tested again

It didnt help much as its actually issue with tyres , so agreed to get 2 tyres replaced

I will wait and check for other 3 tyres by putting the new tyres in rear wheels and then proceed accordingly
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My issue is that I feel vibrations in the body and steering.I feel as if the tyres are moving on small stones and feel the road and noise levels from tyres are gone high.My tyres are bridgestone potenza and has done around 34000 Kms.I have corrected the FR wheel wobbling issue by replacing the same and other rims have no bend.
  10. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    I am experiencing squeaking noise from the front the noise is loud and persistent,also when someone sits on co-driver side this particular squeak is heard.I looked under the hood but couldn't find anything then i shook the car from front left side found the noise being produced,it is very irritating and feels like leaf spring suspension squeak of any pickup truck while driving:(.FASS mechanic says it due to rains,waterlogged roads and will fade off at its own.

Does someone has any idea about this and what is the fix.