1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: HELP: Noise from front right wheel

Here you go:

Breaks making noise in the morning: The breaks in the morning are cold....and they do make this sound....the disk breaks make more sound then the drum breaks.....the noise goes away when Disk/Drum and break pads achieve an optimum temperature. If the problem persists after driving for a while..... get the break pads checked and cleaned.

Harder to steer right at high speeds: Its because Indian roads are banked to left..nothing is wrong with your car... usually on a highway if you let your car steer itself for more than 200 Mts it starts moving slightly to your left....if the problem is major.... alignment is the culprit...

Steering shakes a bit when i take my foot off the accelaration this happens at high speed....thats your engine gasping for breath.....and tyres struggling for grip...... Newtons third law of motion is culprit here....Nothing wrong with the car....

Relax.....stop finding faults in a piece of machine...just improve your driving style.....

1. Don't take your foot of the accelerator abruptly....and don't stomp on it .....you are damaging the car and hurting Fuel economy.....
    2. Let your breaks get to optimum temperature in the morning..... before applying too heard.....on a daily basis the breaks reach optimum temp afteer driving 5 to 6 KM.

Enjoy your car....
  2. Re: HELP: Noise from front right wheel

What about that noise when i run through speedbreaker or anything of that sort ?

One day i noticed a weird noise coming continously when i steered right (slight right)...then i turned the steering all the way to right it goes away...What could be the possible reason....is it the chamber or brakes. Sounds like two metals are rubbed againt each other.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: HELP: Noise from front right wheel

Elastic Pads of Front Struts may be defective
  4. Incabin Noise in Linea

In driving my Linea in Highways, I observe that when I cross 110kmph, I find the engine noise bit high inside the cabin. Also the smoothness while driving at 80kmph is not there. I have crossed 4800km mark. Will it improve over a period of time.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Incabin Noise in Linea

Yes the engine will be more silent with more running.
    I felt after 1st servicing, 3K, there was improvement. Then I felt around 8-10K again it improved.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

4800 KM is sufficient running-in period for MJD.So there is no possibility of more smoothness in engine as per rise in odometer.
    Noise & engine strain after the speed of 110 km/hr is due to bad fuel only. :A
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Its nothing bout the bad fuel. As Ravi said, engine noise will come down with more running. This is a noted characterstic of the Fiat engines as experienced by almost everysingle member here.

Also, I dnt know why People who know that they are getting bad fuel from somwhere, still continue to get bad fuel and blame Fiat for different problems with their cars because of bad fuel. :confused
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

@ Ansal ,
    5000 KM is sufficient for any 4 cylinder IC engine
    If my MJD became silent only after clocking 2500 KM then
    do you mean that there is more wear & tear in my MJD ?
    I mean is there any premature smoothness in my MJD because of any abnormal function :confused
  9. Re: Incabin Noise in Linea

Normally i fill fuel regulary at one particular station only. I feel a kind of harshness during those overspeed. Will this come down after few thousands kms. I expect the smoothness we feel when we drive at 80-90kmph
  10. Re: Incabin Noise in Linea

But I am glad tom mention that I am getting a FE of 24-26 kmpl on highways with 100% AC on maintaining steadily at 80-90 kmph.